11.30.2023

Poinsettia Christmas Wishes

 Welcome!

 Today's card was a bit of an experiment.  You see, I've seen everyone "swiping" their embossing folders with the ink pad or even sometimes with a dauber to add touches of color.  Well I tried it several times and failed miserably using ink pads, ink cubs, regular ink blending tools, you name it!  So I dug out a small blending brush and tried again using a really light ink color, this time with some success but it made it extremely hard to photograph!  Take a look/see ~


Wow, that's really light!  I hope you can see it, I just had a terrible time trying to capture the color in photos.  I used DOX Spun Sugar.  On the lowest poinsettia, I started to add a light copic for some shading, but it just didn't look how I wanted it to look.  So, I skillfully placed the sentiment panel over it, and left the others alone.  What you really can't see well either, is the gold embossing for the poinsettia centers, nor the WoS on the berries.  IRL this has a soft pink hue and shimmer -- very pretty, I just wish I could share that with you!

Here a closer look, maybe you can see the pink or the WoS shimmer?


This will be heading to Time Out #252 - Winter/Holiday


Supplies:
   Splb - Scenic Poinsettia 3D ef
   W+9 - Be Merry (sentiment)

Hey, have a great day!  OK?  OK!

Hugs,
TK

13 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Vicki Dutcher said...

Isn’t it frustrating when a technique gives you trouble! I can see the light pink though. It’s a very pretty card 😊

Lisa Elton said...

I see it and it looks fantastic, TK! That little touch of color adds wonderful interest to your pretty card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous and elegant looking!

Bobby said...

I can see the light pink and it's beautiful, TK. I have only inked the background side of a folder but I love how doing your way turned out.

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous, love the soft color and the gold accents.

I Card Everyone said...

It's not as hard to see as you might think, TK! So pale, and perfectly pink! The WoS is another story - but I have an inkling that it is gorgeous!
LOve this beautiful card!
=]

My Paper Epiphany said...

So elegant and CAS! Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenge:)

Gerrina said...

Wow so elegant and beautiful! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Bonnie said...

I can see that lovely soft pink and I'll bet all the shimmer makes this even prettier! It took a while for me to get the hang on coloring with embossing folders. I never did get good results with inking the folders though.

Greta said...

Love the soft pink, white, gold combo--elegant beauty!

Ida said...

So elegant looking. - I bet this is just gorgeous with the shimmer from the WOS and the Gold Embossing. That folder is so neat looking.

Rosemary said...

Love the touches of color on this pretty card, TK. I haven't had much success with the swiping techinque, either!