11.27.2023

Stencil Over Heat Embossing

 Welcome, again!

Tonight I have another card and this one must zip off to it's intended participation, as well!  I've really wanted to participate with this month's new-to-me technique, and I finally got it done.
Here is my card for Group of Seven Cardmakers ~


I think my embossing is a little large, as in too wide instead of fine print, but it worked nonetheless!  I really enjoyed this technique.  Maybe I'll have better luck finding something with finer line details, which I know I have, but my limitations were definitely what would not conflict with the Christmas theme that I needed!


I stamped the background image, heat embossed in clear and then attached my stencil, off center.  Then I proceeded to do a lot of masking so I wouldn't mess up my stenciling.  After I finished, I added silver Nuvo drops (my old gold just didn't look good) under the clear pearls so I could get a shimmer from them as well.  My sentiment was heat embossed and attached over the main panel, before adding gold tape to the left side of the base.

 


Supplies:
   AJVD - Cracked Paint stamp
   SSS - Christmas Wreath (NBUS)

One more card down!  Hopefully I'm getting close, I'm just a bit intimidated to actually count at this moment - lol.

Hugs,
TK



13 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well done - very pretty

Cat Craig said...

So very pretty, TK.

I Card Everyone said...

A really lovely card, TK! Your stenciled wreath is still so pretty over the embossing and that sentiment is gorgeous on the vellum!!
Thanks for that tip about the Nuvo under the clear dots!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Vicki, well done! I love the elegant vellum overlay!

Christine Alexander said...

Absolutely beautiful, the touch of velum brings the whole card together. Love it xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully designed card with the poinsettias and greenery! I like the sentiment as well!

Ida said...

So pretty. Love the stencil you used and all the shimmer the card has.

Bonnie said...

I think your embossed background looks like ice and the stenciling is perfect! Great job of masking!

Bobby said...

Your card is lovely, TK.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Greta said...

Wow--this is unique & really beautiful!

Loll said...

This is beautiful TK. I think the image you used for embossing is so cool and works perfectly with your stenciled background images. Very cool! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Group of Seven! xx

Rosemary said...

I have never seen that technique before. Your card using it is so pretty!