11.27.2023

Snow Pals

Good day, fine Friends!

Today's card was made with one challenge in particular, but as is oft, it will work for a few and so it'll be shared about!  I started with the photo in the upper right from Peace on Earth #52 and made this adorable pal, which will also be sent to NBUS #56 ~


I went Christmas shopping awhile back for a few Poppystamp items and ended up with this guy in my cart, and I'm sure glad I did!  Isn't he darling?  White or colored cardstock was used, except for his nose, eyes and arms, which were cut in white cs and then colored with Copics before assembling.  I placed him on an embossed background (which actually made me think of using the de-bossed side for the last card), which was cut down with a cute die.  The sentiment was foiled right on the card front -- surprised I got it on straight?  Miraculously, it only was done once!

Then JUGs dropped their new challenge #707 CAS week - In a Circle.  Well, that made me circle around and make another card ~

(sorry for the poor lighting)

My thought was that I wanted to use as much of that embossed background so I cut it using my largest circle.  Then it needed a bit more color and so entered the red circle.  The problem?  I had used my largest circle for the embossed portion, so I just staggered the circles to get more red at the top of the card.  I added some snowflake sequins, stamped the sentiment in red and called it done.

I hope these cuties made you smile!  Have a great week!

   



Supplies:
   Ps - Sweet Nordic Snowman (NBUS)
   CB - Sledding ef
   WF - Nesting Postage die
   Splb - Holiday Sentiments 2

Hugs,
TK

14 comments:

Kate said...

They most definitely made me smile TK - adorable! Hugs, Kate!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such adorable cards with those cute snowmen! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Lisa Elton said...

Don't you just LOVE this little fella! Both cards are heaps of fun TK. Your circle version for JUGs is extra cute. I've never seen the EF you used, who makes it?... she asks as she vows not to do anymore shopping LOL!!

Lia said...

That's a great CAS card with a lovely embossed backdrop!!
Lia DT POE

Cat Craig said...

Oh my goodness, those are such cute cards...love love love.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness, TK!! You may have just done a little enabling! Fingers crossed he's still available!
LOve the red and pink version... and WOW do I love the embossing folder - who is CB?
Two FANTASTIC and fun Christmas cards!
=]

Jeanne H said...

Love, love your snowmen cards. Yup, made me smile. Thanks

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very cute are the cards you made! I love both!

Ida said...

These are both very cute cards. That snowman is adorable.

Bonnie said...

This is an adorable snowman in both colors, TK! Love him and the staggered circles!

Bobby said...

The snow people are adorable all dressed up in their finery, TK. Thanks for sharing the red one with us at Just Us Girls.

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

Loll said...

Awww ... these snowman cards are so adorable TK!! xx

Rosemary said...

Super cute set of cards, TK! Those little snowmen are the sweetest.