11.12.2023

Double D Challenge - Deer to Me

 Good morning and welcome!

With a title like this, I'm sure you all know where this post will be heading!  And since I'm skidding in, all out of breath, I'll get on with it so I don't miss the challenge Double D - Oh Deer!


Back during vacation, I colored a few panels (you've seen a few lately), then upon return I got out all the winter embossing folders and embossed some panels.  Now I'm trying to piece "all the things" together for cards.  It was a way of not losing time while on vacation nor taking away from the visiting, but helpful in the long run.  Anyway, this is one of the panels that I ended up brushing with an ink pad, and while it didn't work well for me (not juicy enough? too much pressure? not a 3d folder?), I was able to hide the part I didn't like with the snowdrift.  What I wasn't able to do was capture the pretty iridescence of the vellum shine -- bummer, it's so pretty IRL!  Anyway, here's my entry and I'm sticking to it - lol.  And my deer?  Where did the texture from the die cuts go on their hineys?  After several failed attempts, it now occurs to me that my pressure plate must be starting to warp and I was getting uneven pressure -- a real bummer but I kind of like it.

Supplies:
   Splb - Forever Green e/f
   PTI - Deer to Me stamps & dies

Well that's it for me, thank you for the visit!

Hugs,
TK



8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

All of your efforts over time paid off, TK, this is a lovely card! I like the bare hineys!

Ida said...

Very fun card. I love the Rustic looking deer and the embossed greenery background. Great use of the Vellum for a snow bank.

Donna Phelan said...

Lovley little scene you have created, I get a Nordic and rustic vibe from it! I adore Vellum on any card, love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Oh Deer Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh deer! That is a great holiday card design!

I Card Everyone said...

TK, I'm having a flashback to our fun first-time playdate! Remember? It's been almost ten years ago!
I will always love that embossing folder, inked or not. Your deer are dear just the way they are!
Such a beautiful Christmas card!
=]

Bonnie said...

Your deer look right at home with those pine boughs, TK! The vellum snowdrift looks like it was meant to be!

Cat Craig said...

I thought the deer were meant to look like that...very festive card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute! Those reindeer are so fun :)