11.27.2023

Oh Holy Night - Red & Gold

Hello!
After totally failing to get my last card in one of the challenges, I'm going to get right to it tonight!  This card will be heading to Color Hues #76 ~


I heat embossed the main image and the sentiment, then cut my panel down.  I was not going to stagger the red panel and the secondary gold panel as much, but it just seemed a better transition from the lower full image, to the sentiment, and then onto the gold.  I can't tell you what this gold "paper" is, I've had it forever (hoarding, as we do) and it has no label on it.  It's almost as thick as 100# cardstock, but it comes wrinkled and texted, and almost a woven fabric inside -- I really love it!  Then while placing it on the base cs, it just didn't look right on white, nor did it look right on Neenah "cream".  So I found ONE piece of something that I don't even know what it is either, but it has a soft/slightly creamy color to it.  I love it, I really wish I knew what it was too...


Supplies:
   EP -  Wise Men Still Seek Him

Thank you for the visit, I hope you week is wonderful!

Hugs,
TK




12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely use of the colors!

Karen said...

Such a beautiful stamp, and perfect on the red background! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

I like the way you have off set the stamped panel from the gold one, it really does work. A great use of the colours at Color Hues. :)

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful for the red and gold.

I Card Everyone said...

I adore that stamp, TK - so beautiful in gold on red! That extra panel looks a little like leather!
Do you use Bristol paper? It often has a color of cream.
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I'm wondering if the gold is mulberry paper, it's hard to tell in the photo. Whatever it is, it looks lovely with that wonderful nativity scene!

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card and great use of the colors!

Ida said...

Lovely card. - That gold paper is super cool looking and the gold embossing worked perfectly with it.

Bonnie said...

So elegant and gorgeous, TK! I love the Nativity with the offset gold specialty paper!

JulieP said...

I love that gold paper as well!!! I'm wondering if it's mulberry? This is just stunning. Thanks so much for playing with my colors at Color Hues! - Jules

Bobby said...

That stamp looks wonderful on red, TK, and what a perfect sentiment to go with it.

Rosemary said...

Lovely card, TK!