2.04.2023

Christmas Wreaths

 Hello again.
I was able to make a couple cards, with a new NBUS product.  The layouts of both are actually pretty different for me, as well.  I started by ink blending onto several Hammermill panels, using my SSS wreath stencil.  Though I only used one color of green and one of red, I did do a little heavier or lighter inking that produced a bit of depth.  Layer two was the berries and I had to do a bit of masking to not get red everywhere.  I fussy cut the wreath , layered it onto the card stock, glossied the berries, and then added a foiled sentiment.

Card #1 ~

For the next couple of cards, I left the panel in a rectangle, only slightly cutting it down in size, and added gold or silver foil tape to the left edge, extending to the inside.  This time I cut a layer of vellum, and hot foiled the sentiments to the vellum.  While I love the first version, the foil color (Prism, I believe), was a bit lighter than I'd hoped.  While easy to see in person for me, it's hard to photograph and the elderly (ie:  my parents) would definitely have difficulty making it out, so I swapped it out for matte gold.

Card #2 & 3 ~
 

Prism or Satin Gold?  Which do you think looks better?

One of these cards will go to the NBUS gallery, for the use of my stencil.




Supplies:
   SSS - Berries & Leaves
   SB - Elegant Holiday Glimmer sentiments

Hope you have a terrific weekend, followed by an amazing week!

Hugs,
TK







11 comments:

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards using this beautiful stencil, TK. LOVE the colours you've used. And the vellum adds such a lovely translucent look to your second card. The sentiment looks so pretty in either colour for your second card, but agree that the gold is probably easier to read. :) xx

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....both of your cards are so beautiful. Love your gorgeous wreath and use of vellum.

Darnell said...

All three cards are so pretty, TK, and I can visualize how they shine in person! I like both versions of the vellum design. (WHY do I never think to use my thousands of sheets of vellum when I love the look of it so much?! I'm wondering if I don't need to get a younger hamster for Hammy to work with and train. Hammy has been with me now a very long time and both of us together hardly make up one brain anymore. But how to bring up the idea ... ? Oh, sorry, back to you.) I also love the unique design of your first card and how you managed to get great shading through the stencil! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

HilaryJane said...

these cards are beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration. Love the colours too xx

Bobby said...

I really love the angled wreath on the first card, TK. Adding vellum to the others give a different feel to the card but equally as beautiful.

Bonnie said...

Personally I always prefer the matte foil to the prism foil probably because my eyes are elderly. I love how you did the curved vellum on the gorgeous stenciling but that first card made me drop my jaw and think about going to SSS to check this stencil out!

Anonymous said...

All are beautiful but my favorite is the first one! I like the unique layout of the card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

The last comment was from me.

Lisa Elton said...

Satin gold for me, but they're all just lovely TK! The vellum overlays on #2 & #3 are marvelous!

I Card Everyone said...

All three are wonderful, TK! Either foil works for me - gorgeous use of vellum. I'm particularly loving the color of your card base on card one - and the sweet little foiled greeting!
=]

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful cards TK!