2.15.2023

Jolly Holly Owl

Welcome again!
Here today with another card, and I'm particularly thrilled with this one -- he's adorable!  Today's card allowed me to take inspiration from Lisa, and it worked adorably (in my humble opinion)!


I stamped and cut Mr Owl before Copic coloring him.  He was popped up over a polka dotted panel, with the heat embossed sentiment tucked behind him.  Here's a close-up to allow for bold adoration for all his handsome-ness -- lol.  Hindsight -- is this cutie named Jolly "Holly" and to be a female?  My bad, if it's true!  We've gone rogue!


I even took the design to the inside -- unfortunately my attempt at "watermarking" him on the inside faded overnight, so now I'll stamp another, fussy-cut him out and adhere him flat over the "attempt".  Love the dotty paper?  You can thank Lisa for that!!


This will be joining in the fun over at Peace On Earth #33 (red & cream/kraft colors) and MFT's new Christmas Challenge.  Personally, I loved their slimline challenge because it's the only one that I know of, and I LOVE the mini slims!  So in honor of that, I made this one a mini slim sized Christmas.

 

That's it for today!  Aren't you glad I can't make 12 cards in a weekend?  LOL 

Supplies:
   MFT - Warm & Feathered Hugs stamp, Winger Songbird (sentiment), Blueprints #27 die, Dots & Stripes - Neutral pp
   PF - Slimline Rectangle & Circle dies

Hope you had an amazing Valentine's Day, and your week is getting better by the day!

Hugs,
TK





9 comments:

Diane said...

I LOVE this, what an adorably cute cute card and design!, It qualifies for our Four Seasons challenge too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B} NEW March 3rd
{Stencil Fun}
{Four Seasons}

Bobby said...

Yes he is adorable, TK. Any owl is in my opinion but you've brought him to life with your wonderful Copic coloring. I haven't used that stamp in a while. Lisa inspired you and now you've inspired me.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so happy I inspired you and humbled too! I love this owl set and I love what you've done with it! Fun colors on the scarf and don't even get me started on those polka dots! CUTE card, TK!

I Card Everyone said...

You and Lisa make a great team! With that sweet little pink and red striped scarf, he could easily be she - no matter which you've colored that Owl just perfectly, TK!
=]

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, TK. BTW, take a look at the new theme at Christmas Kickstart AND the winners post too, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

So darned cute, Tk.

Bonnie said...

This scarf is perfect for a Mr or a Mrs, TK! Either way this owl is adorable and I love the watermarked stamping on the inside!

Ida said...

Man am I behind commenting on your cards. - So sorry for not stopping by sooner. - This is adorable. I love owls and this one is really cute. Love the dies you used as well.

Loll said...

Adorable card TK. LOVE the pink and red scarf ... I think it's perfect for Jolly "Holly"! :) xx