1.29.2023

Joyful Wishes

 This one's for you, Michele!

Hello.
Today I'm bringing a card that I started many days ago but wasn't really happy with.  Ironically Michele and I made similar cards, at the same time, with the same products -- and hers works!  You can see it here.  I've made some modifications to mine but not feeling overly successful.  Maybe due to recent events, maybe due to lack of crafty time, but here it is - win, lose or draw!


I first stamped the chickadee, masked it and then stamped the branch.  I added a bit of "snow" but it didn't really show, so I went back and lightly inked the background, went shopping for some new "snow" products and then tried again.  The tag was cut from gray c/s, the same that the body of the chickadee was stamped in, then white heat embossed, cut and glued flat for mailing later.  Here's a close-up ~


While I love the concept of this card, and I'll still send it off to Christmas Kickstart #70 - Stencils and Masks, and Peace On Earth #32.

 

Supplies:
   PTI - Winter Woods Chickadee
   LF - Joyful Wishes
   MFT - BP #27

Thank you for stopping by, your visit is appreciated.  Have a great week!

Hugs,
TK



6 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design and I love the chickadee!

I Card Everyone said...

TK you are so sweet - thank you for sharing and I think you're way too hard on yourself! It's wonderful and I love the sparkly snow! You know what else I love? This little bird's call: chickadee-dee-dee! But his song sounds just like a rusty swingset!
=]

Bobby said...

I don't see anything wrong with your card, TK. I love it. That chickadee is so cute perched on the pine branches.

Bonnie said...

Oh TK, I think this worked beautifully! A sweet chickadee and I love the greenery he's sitting in and the way you did the sentiment!

Cat Craig said...

I love that chicadee, so sweet amongst the greens.

Rosemary said...

lovely, serene design, tk!