1.16.2023

Chemistry

 Hello and welcome!

I can't believe I'm actually making a few cards again, not many but I'm making cards!  Yay!  It just doesn't feel like I'm in a groove and I struggle once I do get to the craft room, inconsistency is not my friend.  But I was able to make this card, and a fun little diddy to make too.


I used the colors from CTD #725 - Red, Green and Brown, except that I made them a bit cooler in tone.  I think using cooler tones made it a bit more masculine.  I stamped the girl, colored her with Copics then fussy cut her out (after botching the background), so I could attach and ground her to a really great matching paper (I truly was able to match the paper to the copics I'd already used).  The frame and sentiment were then added using the sketch at MFT WSC628.   This card will go to both challenges, which are about to close, so I better work fast!

Supplies:
   MFT:  Cute Chemists, Blueprints #27
   PF - Diagonal Stitched Rectangle

Well, I'm off to get this posted.  Thank you for the visit!

Hugs,
TK

7 comments:

Pam Sparks said...

Well she's adorable TK and I understand getting back in the groove. So hard after Christmas. All the hustle and purpose for everything then boom, nothing! I have a bunch of birthdays in January though, so that makes me get going again! lol Keep making girlfriend!!! :)

Cat Craig said...

loving the layers and the cas focal point. I can understand your feelings about crafting, I was there most of last year.

I Card Everyone said...

TK, we're all in the same boat it seems - I'm struggling, too! but you've colored this darling Chemist so well using the limited color palette. Well done!
=]

Bonnie said...

I think time away from crafts effects us all the same, TK! I know if I don't get in there for a while, I really struggle with what to do! This shows that it's coming back just fine, my friend! A darling card!

Bobby said...

Beautiful job of coloring that little chemist, TK. Yay for matching paper.

Lisa Elton said...

No signs of a struggle here, TK just a cutie patootie card!

Rosemary said...

Super cute card, TK!