1.10.2023

A Birthday and a Thank You

 Hello, Dear Friends!

Today I have a couple of cards using the Color Hues #55 Pink & Gold challenge, and I just can't wait to share them!  While my pink isn't definitively "light" pink, I'm hoping it works for Color Hues.

Card #1 -


I used a NBUS hot foil plate for the first layer, foiled in "pink" but it looks brighter than it really is.  The fuschias were stamped, embossed in gold and colored with Picked Raspberry and Kuretake yellow gold for the leaves, to add a little shimmer along with all that shine.  The sentiment was foiled with gold, from a "confetti" set.  And a close-up ~


Since I haven't used this Geo Tile plate before, I'll send this one over to NBUS #46.  If you'd like to see the card I made with the Geo Tiles stencils, it's here.

Card #2 ~


Same foil plate for the background, but foiled in gold with another image from the same stamp set as above, but this one's cherry blossoms (I believe).  Now, I totally meant to get this one lighter but I blew it!  A sentiment foiled and added.  The close-up ~


This one is my favorite, as well as Hubb's fave, and it'll be heading over to the Color Hues challenge.

 

Supplies:
   PF - Geo Tiles foil plate (NBUS)
   CB - Beautiful Friend

That's it for me today!  A 12-hour shift, and I'm ready to hit the hay!  Have a great week.

Hugs,
TK





13 comments:

Darnell said...

I was hoping things would slow down a bit for you in the new year, TK, but I'm happy you are still saving some engerny for creating beautiful cards! You are really enjoying the new foiling tools and who can blame you? The results are stunning which makes it addicting. I love the designs and the cheery pink flowers! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... your cards are BEAUTIFUL TK!!!! Sorry about my earlier message and hope you'll delete it. What fun to get a hot foil plate. xx

Cat Craig said...

Lovely foiling and the pink pops!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm with the two of you - cannot resist Cherry blossoms, TK! Two gorgeous pink and gold cards!
=]

Nancy said...

TK, No worries on your tone of pink at all, both cards are wonderful. I was late to jump on the foiling train so all I have used so far is gold, you have intrigued me with your pink. I am delighted you chose Color Hues to play along with! Take care!

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of cards, tk. your coloring is lovely paired up with the pretty foiling.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous and elegant looking are your cards and I love the pink and gold combination!

Bobby said...

The Geo Tiles are so gorgeous foiled, TK, and the flowers are beautiful with them. Fabulous cards!

Bonnie said...

I love the geometric foiled background that's so classy looking, TK! The pink flowers are gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

They're both lovely, TK but I agree with you and the hubs, the second is my favorite!

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these cards are absolutely GORGEOUS TK!! I love your foiled backgrounds on both cards and the fuschias and the cherry blossoms are soooo pretty with your shades of pink! Thank you so much for sharing both of these beauties with us at The Color Hues Challenge!! Marcia (DT)

Cindy Beach said...

Hi TK! What a delight to visit your blog, and thank you for your beautiful and inspiring addition to our pink/gold gallery! WOW! the shimmer and shine from the foils is amazing and I love the gorgeous florals.