1.19.2023

To A Dear Friend

Hello, Dear Friends!
As much as I'd like to send this card to all of you, it will be heading to the recipient whose presence I'm missing.  I made this with the sketch from FMS #568 but I failed to get it posted in time.  Oh well, it's still a keeper!  I'll show the sketch at the bottom, and I hope you can see my 3 elements ~


I started with the fog gray cardstock, and added the dp to a portion.  I then cut the die in gray, keeping all the portions intact.  A second set of butterflies were cut out of white and ink blended in accenting colors.  When attaching them, I actually only glued down one side of the butterfly, allowing opposing sides (on alternating sides) to "flow" in the breeze.  Here's a close-up ~


Here's the sketch used ~


Supplies:
   SSS - Butterfly Drift die
   Moda Scrap - Let Your Soul Bloom dp
   Alt. - Birthday Greetings sentiment

Well I hope this card finds you well, Dear Friends, and puts a smile on your face.

Hugs,
TK


11 comments:

Kate said...

A really pretty card! Love the colours and how they seem to be veering off in alternate directions due to the clever way you've attached them to the base die cut! Hugs, Kate

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty TK. Loving the base card colour too!

Cat Craig said...

I do see your three colored butterflies, TK. Glad you posted this lovely card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

You nailed the sketch design and you used a wonderful butterfly pattern to. Beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

Anytime I see butterflies I'm happy, TK! What gorgeous colors, and design - perfect for that Sketch, but just as perfect for a friend! Really beautiful paper in the background, too!
=]

Bonnie said...

Pretty DP and butterflies, TK! Your friend will love this!

Lisa Elton said...

Your lovely card is going to bring a big smile to your friend's face!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely use of the sketch. Love the inlaid bflies

Bobby said...

This is so soft and pretty, TK. I love the colors.

Carol L said...

This is absolutely stunning with those fluttering butterflies. I love the colors you chose too! Gorgeous!

Rosemary said...

Lovely take on the sketch, TK.