11.01.2020

Fun Layout Here!

 Howdy, Friends!  It's been a bit hectic here, but I hope all is well with you.  I got a bit a crafty time in my craft room and have a a couple of cards to share.  I used a fun layout and adapted it to two different cards.  Let's see, shall we?


I used a new to me stamp to heat emboss the image in silver then did some simple water coloring.  After cutting the diagonal panels, the hot pink was glued flat while the image panel was popped up on foam tape.  I then angled the sentiment and heat embossed it in silver pearl, which turned into silver (doh)!  I used a slate base on this one.  I will enter this one over at FMS #459.

Next up is a fall inspired card, using the same layout.  You'll notice that the image didn't totally fit onto the angled panel, but I kinda like it hanging off the left side  :o)
The image was stamped in Clair Acorn which I thought would be too dark, but I really like the depth it added.  It was then Copic colored, and the left panel also popped up on foam tape.  Sentiment stamped in matching Clair Acorn.


This card will be going to IB - thankful and grateful, it is a Thanksgiving card after all.



Supplies - Card #1:
   SCT - Beautiful Flowers (NBUS)
Supplies - Card #2:
   RC - With A Thankful Heart
   MCS - Happy Thanksgiving

 Thanks for stopping by and visiting.  I hope to stop by your place soon, AND get back into my craft room again!

Hugs,
TK










12 comments:

Claire said...

Two lovely cards using the sketch to it's full potential. I do like the colour combination on the first card together with the silver embossing... very luxurious. The pumpkin works off the edge, I think better than it would stamped completely. Impressed you did two cards, I struggle with one :) x

sandie said...

How clever to use the same design so differently and it works so well. Love the silver embossing and colouring x

Lisa Elton said...

Two incredible cards TK! Your soft water coloring on the silver embossed bouquet is so pretty and your pumpkin is just fabulous!

I Card Everyone said...

How wonderful to see your darling little pumpkin in our IB gallery, TK!!! Oh, girlfriend, I think you better keep this sketch handy - both of your cards are stunning!!
=]
[hey, your off the edge card would be perfect for CAS Mix Up this month - just make another, and water color it!]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great layout and both cards are fantastic.

Cat Craig said...

Both are lovely takes on the sketch challenge.

Bonnie said...

This is a fantastic layout and I love both ways you have used it, TK! The embossed and colored flowers are so pretty and I'm really loving that gorgeous pumpkin! Love how the images hang on the page a bit too!

Darnell said...

Wow, these are just gorgeous, TK! They are both winners in my book! You should add that pumpkin CAS card to the CAS Mix Up challenge "off the edge." (Unless Copics aren't considered watercoloring? I just thought of that. I don't have them, so I don't know.) Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

What a striking sketch and I love how both your cards look so very different and so eye catching x. Such a pretty first one and a fabulous autumnal one x. Hope to see more of your creativity x.

Rosemary said...

You made great use of the sketch, TK! Both cards are fabulous!

Danni Reid said...

Love your interpretation of that fun sketch and both cards are SO beautiful!

Anita in France said...

What a different look you created on both fabulous cards, TK ... the pumpkin is so rich and vibrant ... and those silver embossed blooms are just gorgeous ... so pretty in pink! Hugs, Anita :)