11.08.2020

Happy Fall Birthday

We meet again!  I'm here to post a card, sent to a friend and to wish her all the best blessings a day can hold  - Happy Birthday!

I started with a fall theme, a couple NBUS items and a challenge from a friend.  You see, I had just posted my last card which used an "off the edge" element, but had a Copic colored image JUST before having the new challenge post with the same element but with water colors -- DOH!  It happens...  So here's what I came up with ~


I started with the heat embossed stamped and then did some loose watercoloring with DOs, added in some metallic watercolors, then cut it down to a fitting size. Hmmm didn't feel right yet, so I made a panel with the bg die, and added a snippet of complementing color behind but opted to leave the sentiment off the front. 

I will enter these at ~

   

Supplies:
   EbyE - Mondo Oak Leaf (NBUS)
   MB - Pinpoint Leaf (also NBUS)

Thanks for spending a moment with me, visits are always appreciated especially in these times.  Stay safe, and choose joy!

Hugs,
TK









11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wow that big leaf is beautiful! I like the embossed leafy sprigs too, this is fantastic!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful Fall leaf, TK! The falling leaves background is an awesome accompaniment! I'm so glad you did another off the edge card to share with us at CAS Mix Up!

I Card Everyone said...

Leaf-ed me smiling, TK! Thank you so very much!! p.s. I LOVE that background debossing!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful leaf design and I love the layout of the card. Gorgeous colors on the leaf.

Cat Craig said...

super fall card.

Anita in France said...

The variegated colour on that leaf is fabulous, TK, especially with the shimmery gold ... and how touchable is that yummy pinpoint texture in the background! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

What a unique and fabulous card with a striking design layout and the off the edge leaf looks amazing x.

Darnell said...

I love that stunning realistic metallic leaf, TK! Beautiful watercoloring! And I love the composition of your design and that background leaf e/f! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Jo said...

Your off the edge leaf is colourful and shimmery and the background is the perfect match. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Susan Joyce said...

Great work on the leaf, a wonderful design. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up.

Rosemary said...

beautiful fall design, tk! the gold embossing is such a lovely touch!