11.08.2020

Christmas Wishes

 Hello!   Second post for me today, not intentially though.  I have a card to add to a few challenges, fortunately I checked the "end" date and realized two of them were today!  So here I am, mad-dashing to get this posted.  I'll cut to the chase...


I used an inspiration photo pretty closely because I loved it.  I did have to work a little harder since I don't have a large banner die, especially with stitching.  So I hand-made my banner, added the stitching using a stitched edge die, and then heat embossed the sentiment.  I wanted the flowers to be more focal, so I decided to heat emboss and die cut them out of white cs, then placed them on a vellum banner.  I'm hoping this brings enough attention to the flowers.  Here's a close-up of the floral shine ~



Another fun layout but I did want to combine it with a couple of other challenges, thus making the florals more prominent.  Hopefully I was successful, so I can send these over to Christmas Kickstart #41 - Festive Florals, FMS #460, and The Flower Challenge #50 - Use a Sentiment.

    

Supplies:
   MFT - Stitched Edge border
   W+9 - Be Merry
   MFT - Blueprints #27 (small banner for flowers)

Successful?  I hope so but I hope you enjoy anyway!  Thanks for stopping in, I treasure you all so much.  Stay safe & healthy, we'll meet again.

Hugs,
TK







16 comments:

Claire said...

OK smarty pants, that's very clever to make your own stitched banner... tipping my hat to you TK, bravo. Lovely elegant card, it's definitely a mantle pleaser x

Dotty Jo said...

Hi TK, I love your card! Always love gold and red together- so festive. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Arlene and me, Jo x

Viv said...

Really like this TK!
No way I would have attempted a stitched edge on a hand made banner - you've done a great job!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous, TK!!! Well done, YOU, adding the stitched lines to that awesome hand-cut banner... they'll have no problem spotting these gorgeous embossed flowers!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love the gold embossing with the red banner, TK! Such a rich looking card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a gorgeous card and the gold and silver embossing look fantastic on the card.

Judy Rozema said...

Really elegant and pretty! Thank you for playing along this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

gomaa elsayed said...



Ideal Excellence Company for Home Services, House Cleaning, Apartments, and Villas in Dammam, Khobar, Qatif, and Jubail Special Section for Sewage Pressure, Pest Control and Cleaning for Boards, Carpets and Rugs and Tank Cleaning We provide the best home services in the Eastern Region

شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجاري بالخبر
شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تعقيم بالاحساء

A.Rose said...

This is so very pretty! The colors are striking.

sandie said...

Such a stunning card, just love all the sparkle and using the vellum like this is super and I adore the little line of flowers.....quick question-do we call you TK?

Mac Mable said...

Your hand made banner looks wonderful and what a pretty card x.

Anita in France said...

Bold, festive and deliciously shimmery, TK ... those gold embossed blooms are fabulous against the vellum ... and great stitched detailing on the banner ... clever! Hugs, Anita :)

pinky said...

That is a super pretty card, love the embossing.

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous, elegant card--love it!

Rosemary said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, TK! I agree with Greta... so very elegant!

TaeEun said...

This is a simple yet festive Christmas card in red and gold! Thank you so much for playing along at The Flower Challenge!