10.23.2020

Hello, Sweet Friend!

 Hello again!  Another quick post because the challenge ends 10/24 - I'm hoping that means later in the day and NOT at the stroke of midnight tonight!  So onto the card... I really wanted to enter this challenge because I saw so many wonderful cards, so here's my "make" ~


Tone on tone, and stencil to boot!  I just got this sunflower stamp, I had really wanted one through the summer when I saw so many creations.  Finally it ended up in my cart, so I knew I had to use it.  I did an "artsy" (hah) ink blending for the upper portion of the card in  yellow; then went back in with amber and my stencil going diagonal, two ways.  I had my flower stamped and colored with Copics, fussy cut it out and went around it with black marker.  And then thinking of Darnell, or should I say Hammy, I went back and winked the center in gold.  It was then popped up and the sentiment stamped.  Here's another shot so hopefully you can see the WoS...



This will be going to:

   

 


Supplies:
   HB - Sweet Sunflowers (NBUS, actually new to me)
   MFT - All Lined Up stencil

Thanks for popping in and thanks for the love!
Hugs,
TK



20 comments:

Viv said...

This is a lovely sunshiney card TK and just in time! Thanks for joining in my Tone on Tone challenge at CAS Mix Up!x

Cat Craig said...

Lovely take on the challenges TK and you know I love the yellow.

I Card Everyone said...

Such a beauty, TK... just what I needed this morning after all the rain we've had for days! Gosh, I just love gingham!
=]

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous background and I love how you did the tone on tone effect with the stencilling. Such a happy card and a glorious sunflower x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and a very cheery design. I love all the shades of yellow too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful happy card, sunflowers make you smile and brighten the dullest of days just like your card TK x

Bonnie said...

Wow, TK, I LOVE that yellow stenciled background and I always love a sunflower card! Great job and the WOS makes it even better! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty sunflower! This is a warm and wonderful card TK!

Linda said...

I love sunflowers and this one is so pretty. Lovely tone on tone stenciling too. Thanks for playing along at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

This is awesome TK! I LOVE your diagonal plaid that you've created using the two tones of yellow. And your sunflower is just perfect over top. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and design. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Rosemary said...

Gorgeous sunflower, TK! So bright and cheerful!

Anita in France said...

Deliciously sunny, warm and vibrant, TK ... yummy yellow tones ... and fabulous shimmer! Hugs, Anita :)

sandie said...

How lovely to see such a fresh colour card-adore how you placed the flower-wonderful x

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful stenciling and the sunflower is so pretty. You did Hammy proud!

mahmoud elsayed said...


Ideal Excellence Company for Home Services, House Cleaning, Apartments, and Villas in Dammam, Khobar, Qatif, and Jubail Special Section for Sewage Pressure, Pest Control and Cleaning for Boards, Carpets and Rugs and Tank Cleaning We provide the best home services in the Eastern Region

شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجاري بالخبر
شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تعقيم بالاحساء

roffeycreations said...

Really lovely - my guys fave flower is the sunflower - I may have to get one of those dies too!! Cheers Maurs xxx

Di said...

Hi TK. I'm bowled over by you offering to post the gatefold die set on to me, which i would have totally paid for including post and packing costs - so kind. However, in the end I found a UK branded one by a different company and have ordered that one instead. I'm blown away by your kindness in offering to help. Many thanks! Love, Di xx

Pat said...

A great tone on tone background TK using the diagonal stripes in both directions to make this check design, and your sunflower is so beautiful over the top. x

Marina said...

What a lovely, sunshiney card!