10.06.2020

Champagne Celebration

 We meet again, and I'm happy you came by!  If this is the only "socialization" we get, then let's make the most of it!

I made a card for a couple of challenges - TO #171 and NBUS.  While it is a Birthday card, and I'm not sure if the recipient drinks champagne or not, this sure looks like a place to celebrate with champagne!  I mean really, shouldn't one celebrate the nightlife in a big city, enjoying the sunset?!



With a skyline like that, who wouldn't want to celebrate!  I love the cityscapes, and I HAD to have this one, but unfortunately it sat unused for far too long.  I'm still pretty new to inking sunsets or night skies, but I'm happy with this one.  For a bit of extra sparkle, I added the clear shimmer pen for stars and then quickly brushed the DOs with perfect pearls to add a bit more shimmer (actually vice versa or I would've smeared the stars).  The pearls appear to have stuck better on the left than the right, but alas I did shimmer the whole sky.


Does it look like a celebration to you?

   

Thanks again for stopping by and visiting, I enjoy the company!

Supplies:
   TE - Downtown Border (NBUS)
   CTMH - Birthday

Hugs and healthy wishes,
TK




14 comments:

Rosemary said...

Your ink blended night sky/sunset is beautiful, TK! The recipient will absolutely love it!

Claire said...

I think it's a perfect setting for a spot of bubbly, I wish I was there. Love the sparkly inky sky, it reminds me of the old Bewitched series start up credits. I also think it would make a fab engagement or even New Year card... great card TK x

Bonnie said...

It looks like a good place to celebrate to me! Great job on that sky!

I Card Everyone said...

Yes! and a card to celebrate, too! Well done, YOU!
=]

Shauna said...

Wow! What a fantastic background effect and your cityscape looks great! Thanks so much for playing at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous blending on the sky. Fantastic scene.

Cat Craig said...

Definitely celebratory!

Ida said...

I like the cityscape die you used and the beautiful night sky your created.

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, it's worth celebrating! Your night sky is incredible! Wow TK, what a pretty card!

sandie said...

Sure does look like the perfect place to drink some champagne! The skyline is prefectly blended and it is fab to see you at Time Out x

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous night sky and what a wonderful atmospheric celebration on a card.....A great 'place' to drink champagne x.

Brenda in IN said...

A great place to celebrate and I wish I was there doing just that! Lovely sky and skyline.

Lisa Kind said...

You did an amazing job with the background sky. Love the way it came out. And the skyline looks so pretty against it. Thanks for playing our Time Out challenge!

Anita in France said...

With those shimmery stars (that put me in mind of champagne bubbles!), TK, this is definitely a place for a celebration! Fabulous blending and shimmer ... the glow from the cityscape into the night sky is brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)