10.20.2020

Thinking of You

 Hello again!

I made a card for Time Out #172 Breast Cancer Awareness, so wanted to post before it's too late.  I seem to run just at the end of challenges, and it isn't because of lack of effort.  Most of my "creating" time is on weekends, so it seems like I'm always on a push to get cards posted (after my idea marinates for awhile), and this one is no different.  Onto the card then, shall we?


This sweet stamp set was gifted to me and I knew it was a timely blessings.  Then came the challenge over at Time Out, and I knew I had to play.  I have a few other stamp sets from CAS-ual, so I've combined a few.  I first stamped and heat embossed the silver trim piece; stamped the dragonfly and cut the outline die in vellum to place on top, popped it up on foam.  Once that was done, I needed to hide my glue strip (a small piece of  Sookwang, rolled like a tootsie roll on a non-stick mat), so I used the silver gems to cover it and enhance the body.  The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed as well.  Then I decided I needed more of the pink, so I used the same ink and colored my own strip to fit under the silver trim.  A close-up ~


This card is already on its way to a friend, going through this right now.  Thanks for blessing me with the stamp, Lisa!

Oh!  And what about NBUS #19 -- my new stamp/die set!  Man!  And another thought - Pixie's Snippets #389 (for the scrap strips I embossed and colored pink)!




Supplies:

   CAS-Friday:  Everyday Dragonfly (NBUS), Tin Roof (the side strip), Pretty Posies (sentiment)

    My heart and prayers are with anyone and everyone who has to deal with this personally, I can only imagine the intense emotions involved.


Hugs,

TK

15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

That darling little dragonfly has found a wonderful home, TK! Goodness this beauty will go a long way to making your friend feel loved!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

This card is so gorgeous! What a wonderful design and for a great cause. It really hits home with me now!

sandie said...

This is truly stunning TK, so very delicate. Adore the use of the vellum and the pretty gems and the strip at the edge the perfect touch. So pleased you joined us at Time Out x

Cat Craig said...

What a beautiful dragon fly!

Joyce said...

This is such a pretty card. I really love how you did the dragonfly. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Bonnie said...

Wow! Love that silver embossed stamping and the sweet butterfly, TK! Great layout!

Lisa Elton said...

So happy this was gifted to you when you have a friend in need. Your card is lovely TK and is sure to lift her spirits!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful thinking of you card, TK! The vellum overlay for the butterfly is such a lovely touch!

Mac Mable said...

What a delicate and pretty dragonfly and clever how you hid the glue x. A gentle and perfect card TK x.

Gerrina said...

Beautiful card! So fitting the challenge and the most important theme of the month! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Anita in France said...

Oh TK, how absolutely charming ... love how you used the vellum overlay ... and hid the adhesive with the silver pearl body! A delightful, delicate and oh so pretty design and such a lovely way to show support for your friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

This card is so serene and lovely, TK! I love all the features and always find dragonflies to be magical creatures. Your friend will receive it as the warm hug you intend. I wish her all the best on her journey to full recovery. Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Be safe! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

This is so pretty TK - just perfect for your friend. Wishing her a good recovery. I reckon the pretty pink dragonfly will cheer her up.

Sorry I'm late commenting!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

I entirely agree with Di's comment above.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Marina said...

A really pretty and delicate card.