6.29.2020

Birthday Butterfly

Hello there!

I wanted to pop in and post a card I made, and while it didn't turn out anything like I saw in my mind, I'm going to run with it!  Sometimes you just gotta grab the bull by the horns and make it work!  ha   It's been a tough time at work, crazy days and it forced me into a lack of mojo and so I literally took an entire day to make ONE card!  I tried several different attempts, with different ideas and just couldn't make anything work.  I finally landed on this ~


And while the base and diamond seem to be different colors, they are in fact, both cream cs.  I used a hemstitch die and cut the square, and trimmed down the outer border so it would fit diamond-style on my card, then die cut the butterfly.  An ink blended background was made for underneath the negative  butterfly, and a tag added.  This one will go in my stash, awaiting an immediate need.

Just know that once again, my comment e-mails are not showing up -- hate that!  I tried the new blogger, and that's when things went south.  While the new  blogger was a little awkward, it was pretty intuitive to figure out.  However, I didn't like that I wasn't getting my comment e-mails so I swapped back, and guess what!  Yep, they went away on the legacy blogger too!  I will definitely have to figure something out because I love to "chat" when I get the chance.  What's your suggestion?

Thanks for popping in, I'll be visiting soon!

Hugs,
TK

10 comments:

Claire said...

Hi TK, your card is so dreamy and pretty. I like how you've framed the butterfly and turned the square to a diamond to add interest and movement. Blogger, urgh... I haven't had email notifications for comments for the best part of 12 months on either the old or the new. It's like a naughty child so I ignore it, it won't take blogs off my following list that shut down ages ago... it's very challenging ;) x

Cat Craig said...

ITs a pretty card TK, and I love that soft background. Have you tried re-setting the comments in the settings portion. As if they were never set to email you? You probably have, but that would be my suggestion. Also, if it looks like it is on, then turn it off. Sign out of blogger and then reboot your computer go back in and set them to email again. ITs happened to me before and that set of steps helped. Good luck.

Bonnie said...

It's always good to have birthday cards in the stash, TK! Love the soft, pastel colors and the sweet butterfly! Hope this week goes better for you.

I Card Everyone said...

First of all, your card is delightful - I nearly thought, at first glance, that you had adhered all the little gizmos that fall out of that hemstitch die!! Which then made me say 'it's no wonder it took all day!'
Secondly: you know that I had that issue with Blogger a month or two ago - still haven't figured it out! I am without a clue...
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Well the design you landed on sure looks great to me and I love the colors. I am not going to even try the new blogger. I like what I have with the legacy one so why change I figure!

Lisa Elton said...

I think this is soft and lovely! I didn't switch to the new blogger, didn't even give it a try. I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Mac Mable said...

I always take at least a day to make one card TK so you are not alone! x. A wonderful design and the prettiest of colours on the background and I like how the die cut aperture butterfly is left uncoloured. I haven't tried the new blogger yet....x

Rosemary said...

So soft and pretty, TK!

Marina said...

This is beautiful - I love the soft, almost airbrushed, effect of the inks.

Anita in France said...

Soft, dreamy and wonderfully pretty, TK ... delicious! Me too on taking a whole day to make a card ... just where I am at the moment! Hugs, Anita :)