6.07.2020

Masculine in Sketch

Hello again!  Things are changing as always around here but hope this finds you all well and safe.  Today I'll be combining a couple of challenges, SSS: Masculine and FMS438.  To me, they seemed to go together like peanut butter & jelly.  I left the front without sentiment because I've already made my Father's Day cards, and no imminent Birthdays, so I thought I'd allow for some flexibility until needed.  Here 'tis ~


Well the sketch is pretty obvious, huh!   I did have it on a flat card base and without the white behind the leaf but decided that it needed more.  So I fussy cut it off the first base, added the texture to a new one and attached, also placing the white behind the leaf and popped it up.  Much better!  I played with watercolor pencils and Ziggs, added some Kuretake shimmer  in different colors to the different leaves but decided on this one due to the gold frame.  Here's a close-up of the shine and dimension ~


My fussy cutting isn't the greatest, but this will be a good masculine card to have in "the stash". 

   

SSS - One With Nature
Hex frame
Wooden ef

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful Sunday, and hopefully a great end to your weekend!

Hugs,
TK

14 comments:

Claire said...

I had to smile especially when someone does the same as me... pulling at cards and tweaking bits. I love the textured background and it works so well with the watercoloured stylised leaf... Stay safe TK x

Lisa Elton said...

I like the shimmer on the leaf and it's frame! This is terrific TK!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully designed and the shimmer is gorgeous. Wonderful colors too.

I Card Everyone said...

One of my favorite SSS sets, TK - a great choice for a masculine card, as is the wood grain embossed panel to connect the two. Wonderful golden shine, my friend!
=]

Anita in France said...

This leaf/tree looks so gorgeous all shimmery and shiny, TK ... fabulous with the gold frame and all that yummy woody texture! Hugs, Anita :)

Amy O said...

A fabulous card! I love the texture and touches of shimmer. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Bobby said...

Texture and shine. What more does a card need. It looks wonderful, TK.

Bonnie said...

Love this leaf, TK! The color and shimmer are wonderful! The embossed background adds wonderful masculine texture!

Rosemary said...

Love all the great texture, TK!

Cat Craig said...

Excellent take on the sketch and such a good masculine card.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is absolutely stunning!!!!

Mac Mable said...

Great dimension and what a fabulous card. Wonderful design and loving the colour combination x.

Marina said...

I do like this design! I love the retro leaf/tree - the shades of colour look great and it seems to shimmer.

sandie said...

wow I love the texture on this card-that EF love, love and of course we love a touch of sparkle! x