6.03.2020

A Hustle for Hugs

Hello, Friends!  I'm hustling in to make a challenge so I'll move a bit quickly but please don't consider me rude.  I'll be sending this card over to CTS374 and Fusion - Beach.  For CTS, I moved the image to the opposite side, and for Fusion, I rolled it on the sketch on its side so I could use the larger die cut plus utilizing the photo as well.  And since I used a couple of snippets for the strips, I'll send this over to Snippets Playground #379 since Di popped in and gave me an invite (thanks!).

Take a look!


OK this is a really girly card but it says what I wanted to say... I wanted certain colors for the strips so I used the DOX for ink blending some snippets before die cutting strips and blended a bit around the heart.  The Hugs die is 4 layers deep, while the small heart is two but popped up on foam tape.  I'm not sure how I managed it but I'm determined to use up my "scraps", so everything here except the card base is scraps - yay!!!   Here's a close-up ~


      Snippets Playground Badge

Thank you so much for stopping by and saying hi!

Hugs,
TK

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Yay to using those snippets, TK - I'm so happy to see these sweet hugs at CTS this morning! Thanks for the reminder to create custom colored cardstock!
=]

Di said...

Welcome to the Snippets Playground! It's a fun place to be - and everyone who plays is absolutely lovely. Thank you for your sweet words about Dudley - he's very precious and is a little scamp! Of course you can play for prizes! I post all over the World, many to USA and Canada, India, New Zealand, Australia, lots go to Europe including the UK of course - in fact only the Moon is an exception :) So - please feel free to say yes please, this time round if you wish to play for the prize, and any future challenges as well. Right now we're still in lock down so I'm not venturing to our local village post office - you can't swing a cat in there let alone do 'social distancing'! But, I'm keeping overseas prizes safely here for now. I just drove out to a secluded post box and posted off four UK prizes earlier in fact! Overseas is trickier as the postage varies so much - but I'm working on trying to use our Royal Mail postage printing system. Anyhow, back to your lovely card - what a super colour combination, love the layout and would love to know the name and maker of your HUGS die - it's unusual to find a HUGS die that isn't in a script font. Come back soon!

Hugs

Di xx

Bonnie said...

Love this die cut with the little leaves cut in, TK! Isn't it great when those snippets fit together so perfectly?

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful design.

Mac Mable said...

Great use of the scraps and one pretty and wonderful feminine card....sending hugs to you x.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful take on both sketches and the inspiration photo, TK!

Marina said...

Love how crisp and clean these layers look and the colour combo with the strong blue.

Anita in France said...

One of my favourite hugs dies, TK ... it's lovely in the soft kraft against the bold blue ... and delicious accompanied by that tiny heart! Hugs, Anita :)

Michelle Lupton said...

Great take on the sketch - thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)

Jeanne J. said...

I love the die cut hugs! it looks so fancy in kraft over that royal blue!