3.31.2020

A Friend - of Purple!

Did I make you look?  Are you wearing purple?  Well the inspiration for this card comes from a lot of different challenges and directions, but the true inspiration is my friend, Sandie!  If you scroll to the bottom of the post linked, you can read more of her story -- and her bravery!

So let's start with the card, shall we?


Obviously I took the purple to heart, and the twist of "friendship" for the challenge over at Time Out #158.  The flower is a cherry blossom, but I wanted it purple, I tell ya!  I also used a sponsor stamp for the background.  After doing that, I decided to do a bit of surgery on that background, so while you can't see it well through the vellum, I was able to use the sketch over at CTS #365.  By now I was getting pretty excited!  THEN I realized I chose the correct color for that background stamp, so now it's matchy-matchy with Inspired by - Yellow, and I got truly happy!  Wow!  What a feat (ok for me at least)!  

Seriously, as I said before, what a blessing and inspiration Sandie is.  She's sweet with her comments, uplifting, and to put it bluntly -- she's amazing that she can not only join us in our craft, but lead challenges and inspire us on.  Thank you, Sandie, you're pretty amazing in my eyes!  Please stop in and read about Epilepsy awareness.

Supplies:
CAS-ual Fridays - Starlequin
E by E - Mondo Sakura (NBUS)
MFT - Anything but Basic Friendship


Thank you for stopping in.  I hope that everyone is doing well, staying protected and healthy.  Enjoy our new normal, it may be a pain in the patootie sometimes but it's keeping us healthy!  Enjoy some fresh air, soak up some sunshine and relax.

Hugs,
TK

11 comments:

sandie said...

Oh thank you so much, this post means the world to me and your kind words are more than I deserve....but I will take them and cherish them. And what a gorgeous card...and made in my 2 fav card making colours-yellow and purple! Background is gorgeous and love it is faint so that amazing flower is the star and great use of the vellum. So good to see you at Time Out-as always and once again, thanks for your uplifting words and you know I love to visit you and see your amazing cards x

Anita in France said...

The soft trellis-y background is so delicate with those delicious purple blooms, TK ... you added a delicious richness with the gold on vellum sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out ... and raising epilepsy awareness! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

TK your sweet card has provided the only sunshine I've had all week! Thanks so much for combining all of these wonderful challenges into one extraordinary card! You take care, too, my friend! xx
=]

Danni Reid said...

Such a pretty card, love your large sentiment and the purple and yellow are so pretty! Thank you for sharing with us @ Inspired By this week.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card and so happy it worked for several challenges. And, thanks for making it for such a great cause.

Mac Mable said...

Great shout out for Sandie and thank you for raising awareness of the coausex. A fabulous card, great design and absolutely beautiful x.

Rosemary said...

lovely take on the sketch, tk!

Shauna said...

What a pretty card! I like your bold sentiment paired with that lovely flower and nice background pattern. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Cat Craig said...

Your purples and yellows are so cheery. A must for these stressing times. Stay safe.

Bobby said...

What a lovely way to combine challenges and raise epilepsy awareness, TK.

Lisa Elton said...

You've done a wonderful job combining the challenges! This is lovely!