3.09.2020

More Butterfly Birthday Wishes

Howdy again!  I come bearing another card with butterflies, this time stamped.  I used the challenges at Color Throwdown #583 and The Flower Challenge #42 Anything Goes.

     

Here's how it came together for me ~


Does it look a bit muted?  Well it is..  I found that the colors were a bit starker than I wanted, so I overlaid the face with vellum, stamping the sentiment on it with Staz-On and attached it by using the thinnest strip of tape, rolled into a tiny rope and hidden underneath the thin letters on the sentiment.  I'm not sure if everyone will enjoy this muted look, but I like it and hope the recipient does too.  Well, I better run, but again thanks for the visit!

Supplies:
   PTI - Butterfly Kisses (NBUS... way old)
   E by E - Bold Blooms

Hugs,
TK

12 comments:

Anita in France said...

I certainly have enjoyed the muted look you created, TK ... it's soft, dreamy and so delicate ... a charming card! Hugs, Anita :)

Cat Craig said...

TK, what a darling card you created. Loving those soft butterflies behind that line rose. Perfection.

I Card Everyone said...

You must know by now that I adore vellum... now why don't I use it much anymore? I love the dreamy look it has added to your card, TK! and those flutterbys? so pretty! A lovely card!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Adding the vellum was a great touch. I just love the muted colors and the design is so gorgeous too!

Mac Mable said...

Like it.....I love it. What a striking and contemporary card with a fabulous design and layout and I love how you stamped the sentiment onto the vellum x. A beauty of a card TK x.

Rosemary said...

so pretty, tk! one can never have too many butterflies in my book!

Lisa Elton said...

This is charming TK! I like the vellum overlay and the softness it adds!

Claire said...

So pretty, the muted effect of the vellum takes your card to another level giving it a beautiful softness. Love how you stamped the sentiment on the top making it more prominent, super card x

Pam Sparks said...

So pretty TK! I love the soft, subtle touch of Spring!

Bobby said...

I love the softness the vellum gives, TK. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted
to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.

After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very
soon!

Shona Chambers said...

Well I think the muted colours are absolutely gorgeous and it reminds me to get my vellum out and use it!! You did so well hiding the tape and love how you stamped the flower image on top of the butterflies (something I'm always too scared to do). Stay safe and always wonderful to see you at The Flower Challenge!!