3.31.2020

Extraordinary - You Are!

Hello, Friends!  Hope you are well and happy.

I may be late but I decided to jump on the bandwagon and start sending out some of the cards in my stash, in hopes of raising spirits.  In sending some out, you must make some new ones, right?!  Any excuse is a good excuse!  I saw a sketch, and used it to jump start this idea and a new sentiment that I love.


To create the marbled look, I used ink refills and the shaving cream technique.  While messy, I love the look it gives.  I actually used 2 colors, a cream and the teal, though the cream doesn't show as much.  I then cut them down using a coverplate and used the leftovers to place the hexes where I wanted them.  I also cut a gold panel using the same coverplate and filled in some of the spaces to replicate the design on the challenge but then thought it was hard to see the inspiration.  Either way, I still like it...  And a close-up so you can see the shine and a bit of the cream better...


Supplies:
   PTI - Happy Hexagons
   EbyE - Mondo Sakura

Another Encouragement card to my stash, and thankful for good health here.  Thank you for stopping by, take care!

Hugs,
TK



8 comments:

Claire said...

Oh I love messing with inks and shaving foam, I haven't done it for ages so thank you for reminding me. Your card looks amazing with the gold hexagons running through the blue marble ones, like a stream with lots of movement. Fab card TK, stay safe x

Viv said...

I think this is fab TK!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fabulous card! I like the shimmery gold you added!

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, TK ... organic, flowing, elegant ... and so yummy with the gold shimmer! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Glimmering gold, and marble? Oh yes, TK, it's a gorgeous combination! Now why haven't I given that technique a go? There's another around currently in which you blow bubbles first... also sounds like fun... and fun is what we need right now!! Thanks so much for providing the fun this morning! xx
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic hexagon design. I love the choice of colors too. That gold sure is shiny.

Rosemary said...

I agree with Lisa, TK... fabulous card!

Bobby said...

I still have some panels left from when I tried that technique, TK. I used food coloring because that was all I had. Your marbled hexis looks wonderful with the gold ones strewn between.