3.15.2020

He Is Risen

Hello, Friends!  Hope you had a terrific weekend; a bit laid back here due to COVID-19, which is in our state (I'm sure you've heard), and now it appears has shown up in our area just tonight.  I pray for ALL who have to encounter this beast, and hope that everyone stays protected and healthy!  On to the card, which has to zip off to Freshly Made Sketches #426 before it closes, here's their sketch ~


And here's my card ~


I used this stamp before without luck, but using a different technique, I had a bit of luck.  I'm not sure why, but I definitely struggle with some stamps, mostly larger/full page ones.  Instead my heat embossing has the issues today, while it's fine IRL it looks "lumpy" on camera - lol.  Anyway, another card down for Easter, and glad to have some success.  I made a few cards this weekend and will post a few in the next few days.  I find with my work schedule it's easier to make on weekends, and post as I can, unfortunately sometimes missing the deadlines.

Anyway, off to get this posted.  I truly hope everyone is staying safe!

Supplies:
   W+9:  He Is Risen (NBUS)
   AE:  Dotted Border

Hugs,
TK

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Such a beautiful card, TK... love the lilies! I have so much trouble with gold embossing powder - especially on vellum!! Your own looks really good to me, my friend!
Stay safe!
=]

Bobby said...

This is lovely, TK. I know those background stamps can be a pain sometimes and I think it's all in the ink. The stamp needs good coverage before it will stamp well.

Amy O said...

I love this! The paper is pretty and the embossed sentiment is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous. I love the colors and the embossed sentiment is so rich looking in the gold. Love the wording of it too! I find that with a big stamp I have to make use of my Misti in order to get good coverage. I just don't have the strength anymore and sometimes the ink will not cover the stamp perfectly either so this is a great tool for me to use. Stay healthy now.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful sentiment and card. Looks lovely. Stay safe. Hugs.

Claire said...

This is gorgeous TK... the big bold embossed sentiment steals the show on this card, its a beauty. I tried to make a start on my Easter cards but the mojo hasn't recovered from house decorating x

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness TK, stay safe. It's spreading like wildfire isn't it. Your card is wonderful with a beautiful sentiment that gets us through these tough times.

Jen Timko said...

I love the gold on this sentiment. This is beautiful. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Rosemary said...

Pretty take on the sketch, TK! Your embossing looks wonderful to me!

Anita in France said...

Elegant and so stylish, TK ... the gold on the vellum is just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous stamped image and a really classy looking card. The embossing looks so pretty and what a wonderful card x. Stay safe too TK x.