3.22.2020

Poinsettia

Hello all!  Today I have a couple cards for a couple of challenges.  Made from the same die cut, I used the negative and positive so I didn't have to waste the beautiful paper -- a good idea from someone sweet and smart.  These will be heading off to CAS Christmas March:  Winter Flower (in honor of Loll's challenges' 2nd Birthday) and The Flower Challenge:  Anything Goes.

The first card (for CAS Christmas) I used the die to cut a piece of shimmy cardstock, and then place it over the red base, stamp a sentiment and clear embossed it (afraid I was gonna get smudges due to shimmy cs), cut a larger tag and popped it up.  Have a look-see ~



Secondly, I HAD to use those extras so I came up with a different layout and did this one (for The Flower Challenge) ~


And just in case you missed that shimmer, I hopefully caught a bit for you...


Thank you, Friends, for stopping by and I send sincere wishes that all goes well during these challenging times with ALL of you!  Stay safe and keep your spirits high with LOTS of crafting!

    

Supplies: 
   SSS - Simple Poinsettia cut-out
   PT - Stained Glass (sentiment)
   CB - Swiss Dots ef


Hugs,
TK

12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a gorgeous first card, with a striking die and the red looks so pretty with the shimmer of the card. What patience you had with the second one TK to use the fall outs and design a completely different looking card. Both cards are fabulous x.

Lisa Elton said...

I spy that wonderful shimmer! Terrific cards TK!

Rosemary said...

what a lovely shimmery set of cards, tk! hope all is well with you!

Loll said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards TK! Great idea to use the negative and positive to create two pretty cards. LOVE the shimmer paper over top the red. So striking! And the neutral colours of your second card created a very peaceful card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Claire said...

Two lovely cards TK, red and white work so beautifully together for Christmas cards. Nice to save waste and use the negative, kudos to you for not loosing any of the bits. The sentiment on vellum is a great addition. Stay safe and well x

I Card Everyone said...

Shimmer me timbers, these are stunning, TK! I'm betting by now I don't even have to say which is my favorite, do I? lol
Waste not, want not - paper is a commodity these days, right? xo
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those cards are so beautiful and I love both versions. I love the shine on the designs too. Very elegant looking. I need to get back to Christmas cards again too. I did do a couple last week. So you are inspiring me. I love this idea of using the positive and negative too.

Bobby said...

That die looks great in shimmer and red, TK, and good for you to use the leftovers for the other card. Those little centers must have been a bear to keep track of. ;) Thanks for sharing that one with us at The Flower Challenge.

Linda said...

Two beautiful and shimmery cards. I am partial to the first one as red is one of my favorites. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Cat Craig said...

Two beautiful cards, fabulously designed.

Anita in France said...

Lovely and shimmery, TK ... both of them! That first one is so delicate with the little pops of red peeking through the glimmery white ... and what precision creating that floral panel for your second, striking design! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

very pretty cards.
Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.
:) Karen