9.10.2022

Happy Birthday Crocus

 Hello, Friends!

I haven't been around for awhile but I have made a few cards, which I hope to post over the next week or so.  I was fortunate enough to find the new Inspired By - Apple Harvest challenge in my box, and I'm hoping this basket will work!  I'll post this to NBUS #42 since I used a brand-new-to-me product inspired by Marcia and her beautiful crocuses!  Go ahead and visit, search for crocus and you'll easily see why this product landed in my cart!!

This card goes to Daughter #3, whose Birthday was the 8th but we're gathering tomorrow for the family festivities ~


I used a previous sketch from MFT and built on that.  The crocus were cut from white paper, colored with Copics and a bit of accents with colored pencils and winked for sparkle, which I could NOT capture.  I also used the basket die and did a bit of fussy cutting to get a vellum liner to cover the stems.  The simple sentiment was added off the side.  I love the flowers but I'm also liking the fiber paper showing through the green vellum!

 

Supplies:
   The Greetery - Market Basket, Crocus (both NBUS)
   CCC - Birthday Wishing (sentiment
   PTI - Label L


Thanks for dropping by, and hopefully soon I'll get the hang of creating, posting and commenting -- all together!
Have a great rest of your weekend!

Hugs,
TK




10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wonderful coloring on your crocus, TK! I love how you've added them to your basket! The fibers in the paper add wonderful texture and color! I'm pretty sure your daughter is going to love this!

Viv said...

Lovely card TK.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beautiful card and I love the crocuses.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the Crocus tucked into that pretty little basket! This is a lovely way to wish your daughter a happy birthday!

I Card Everyone said...

Love your crocus and the way you've added color to them before popping them into that sweet basket, TK!
That Marcia gets us in all kinds of good trouble, doesn't she?
Gorgeous fiber paper and how beautifully cut!
=]

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card and great take on the inspiration. Thanks for playing with us at IB

~amy~ said...

Lovely design! Love your basket full of blooms. Thanks for playing along at the Inspired by challenge!

Bobby said...

Beautiful card, TK. That basket is darling and I love the fiber paper. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Darnell said...

I mean, thud, this is a knock-you-off-your-chair-gorgeous card, TK! Daughter will cherish it! I am in love with that basket!! Your crocusi are schparkly and gorgeous and I am so tickled to see that you used mulberry paper! I still have lots of that schtuff. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

So very pretty, TK.