9.18.2022

Congratulations

 Howdy, Friends!  
Hope you're all enjoying the weather change, and all is going well!  A short weekend, or so it seemed for me again, but I was able to steal away for a bit of time in the craft room.

Today, I have a card that will go to a co-worker who's retiring after 30 years!  Oh My!  His party will be Wednesday, so I'm hoping to be able to slip away for a few moments and wish him well.  Here's his card ~


I have to admit, I have a love for the fall wheat in this area.  It's gorgeous in color, makes the rolling hills even more beautiful, and ushers in the fall changes, what's not to love about that?!  I have long wished for a wheat stamp that looks realistic, so when I saw these dies from The Greetery, well it was mine.  The wheat was cut out of white c/s, and delicately blended with Fine Linen and a touch of Frayed Burlap.  Afterwards, I decided it definitely needed some warmth, so added a bit of Toffee.  The background and sentiment are both hot foiled, and then a strip of teal blue added to pop in some color.


While I tried to grab a bit of shine from the hot foiling, I just couldn't capture it.  I used a copper color, and I have to say it looks amazing with the wheat and teal.

I'll be sending this to CTD710 (which happens to be a happy accident, but I'll take it) and NBUS #42, since all of the products used on this one are new!

 


Supplies:
   SB - Diagonal Stripes background, Essential Glimmer Sentiments
   TG - Wheat BotaniCuts
   
Back to work tomorrow, a short week but it's packed with things to happen, so I will bid you all adieu and wish you a fantastic week!

Hugs,
TK
 



8 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this wheat, TK, and you've colored it perfectly! I can see the wonderful shine in my mind and the beautiful contrast with the teal!

Anonymous said...

Such a special and beautiful design! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

I Card Everyone said...

I loved seeing the rolling hills north of you, TK! I can only imagine those wheat fields ready for harvest - you've captured it beautifully! LOve those darling dies, and the copper - I see it!
=]

Bobby said...

I do love the realistic look of the wheat, TK. The foiling and added color strips really bring the masculine looking card together. I'm sure your co-worker will be amazed.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card and I love the wheatgrass!

Broni said...

What a great masculine card! I love the wheat!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown challenge!

Cat Craig said...

Your wheat is lovely, don't they have some of the most unique and lovely dies?

Darnell said...

This is spectacular, TK! Your design with the beautiful colored wheat (looks real!!) against the foiled striping with the pop of blue is absolute perfection! So glad you linked again at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell