6.05.2022

Many Thanks -- Dustin' off the cobwebs

Well, hello, Friends!

I've returned, though I'm not sure it's with a vengeance - lol.  I have made a couple cards through this weekend, but boy did I struggle!  Wow!  My motivation was there but I struggled at every turn, and a couple of the cards will not get posted!  Finally, I was able to pull from a couple of challenges that spurred me on to a "postable" card, and for that I'm thankful.

I used the MFT Wednesday Sketch #596, but I wanted to really do the monthly MFT Slimline Challenge - Thank you, so this card will be entered there.  I used the sketch pretty (ok absolutely) literal, and that was what got the cobwebs starting to fall.  Here's the challenges ~

And my card ~


It's kinda funny, but the colors on the dark green almost look velour-ish in this photo to me.  The cardstock is all white, then I used my Copics to color the leaves, then the border and banners.  The border is actually the snippet from the center cut, removed and colored, then replaced.  EZ peasy, but it got me over the hump!

Supplies:metric Greenery, Blueprints #27
  

Well that's it for me today, I'll probably be back tomorrow with another one, I know it has a deadline coming up soon!  I do hope all you are doing well and I hope to visit soon too!

Hugs,
TK


11 comments:

Claire said...

Considering you say you struggled, I think your card turned out brilliantly and yes it does have a velour look to it. I love the colour and the stylised design x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your beautiful card design!

Bobby said...

I know what you mean about cobwebs and things not turning out, TK. I've been busy moving to the lake for the summer, getting my craft area in shape, and doing reno on the cottage. I'm finally at a point I can spend more time making cards. Your slimline looks fabulous with all that green. I bet the others aren't that bad.

Cat Craig said...

That sketch looks fab as a slimline...you nailed it.

Lisa Elton said...

We're all our own worst critic, TK I think it's terrific! I like the leaves, especially the little trio of three!

Rosemary said...

Fabulous tske on the sketch, TK. So happy to see you posting!

I Card Everyone said...

I was seeing suede! It's a fabulous thank you, TK! Cobwebs dusted and beautifully done!
=]

Bonnie said...

What a great take on that sketch, TK! I love how you've colored the green. It does look like velour! So glad to see you back creating!

Loll said...

Beautiful card TK. Your colouring is fabulous of those leaves. You nailed the sketch. xx

Ida said...

So pretty. Love the color combo. I thought the strip looked like suede fabric.

Mac Mable said...

The green tones against the crisp white look so fresh. Yes it does look like velvet and what a fabulous card TK x.