3.31.2022

One More Cast...

Hello!

Today I come bearing a card for a sketch challenge today.  Here's the inspiration over at FMS529 ~

Do you see what I see?  Flip it 90 degrees to the left...
I see water, a sandy beach and a miraculous Spring/Summer sky just before dawn.  
Here's my card ~


I told ya! 
I stamped and Copic colored the water, beach, palm trees and Mr Cat, who recently retired..  To get a little wave action, I added white highlights on the water.  Then after masking that portion, I ink blended the sky with Scattered Straw, Ripe Persimmon and Fired Brick, then stamped the sentiment.  This card went to one of my bosses today, who retired and can now enjoy the slower pace of fishing and a nap in the hammock!
Supplies:
   CCC - Recharge stamp set
   DIs, Copics and my trusty white pen
   Oh yah!  I also put in a couple of small, puffy white clouds, filled with white enamel (I had to hurry out the door with the card this morning, and didn't get another photo)

I'll be catching up with all of you soon, two days of overtime so far this week... I'm hoping tomorrow is not another!  See you soon, and enjoy the coming Spring weather - if you're living in the right place, I guess!

Hugs,
TK


12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful inking and wow what a cute stamp set.

Claire said...

That's such a sweet card for a retirement, it's quite purr-fect! Gorgeous ink blended sky making you feel warm just looking at it... kitty fishing looks content x

Bonnie said...

What a perfect retirement card, TK! Awesome job of ink blending!

Rosemary said...

Love your incredibly clever take on the sketch, TK. Your card is fabulous!

I Card Everyone said...

ALWAYS! This is our motto, TK!
Phenomenal, and fun, too!
=]

Loll said...

This is adorable, TK!! I love that gorgeous summer sky!! And that cat is so cute! xx

Bobby said...

Such a great masculine card for any occasion, TK. I love your ink blended sky.

Kim S said...

What a sweet scene! And such a beautiful sky behind him! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lisa Elton said...

This is incredible! Love the sunset sky and the darling scene! That motto fits my son to a T!!

Jen Timko said...

Such a fun scene! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Mac Mable said...

Lovely blended colours and the coolest of card....great retirement card for your boss TK.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Your ink blending job is amazing! This summer sky before dawn is just fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in at Freshly made Sketches this week.