3.22.2022

Just A Note

 Good day, Sweet Friends!  

I come bearing a card and will show it two ways, because well, I just couldn't make up my mind which background I like best!  I think most will like the lighter background, so I'll add it first but I think the colors show up a bit truer on the dark background.  This card will go to The Flower Challenge #66 - Scraps, Color Hues #37 - Yellow & Pale Teal, and NBUS #36.


CAS but I like!  An embossed panel, "scrap" flowers from this card that was stamped, colored and die cut, plus a stamped and die sentiment!  These were actually the flowers that I didn't care for, and tossed them aside, but low and behold I love them here!  Here's the darker version ~


Easy PZ, as they say!  




Supplies:
   W+9:  Doodle Buds stamps/dies
   CP:  Scallops & Dots frame dies
   SB:  Plaid e/f
   AJVD - Thank you (the sentiment, a freebie, and NBUS)
   PTI - Label dies 

This year, my job moved to 8 9's, meaning I work 9 hr days for 8 days, have a "shorter" 8 hr day and have a 3-day weekend every other weekend.  In theory, this sounds marvelous except that I usually work OT too!  Somehow, this Old Bird is tired, so sorry for the lack of cards and visits.  Maybe I'll get used to it soon!  Have a great week.

Hugs,
TK

16 comments:

Rosemary said...

Super sweet card, TK. Those "tossed aside" blooms are so pretty paired with the embossed panel.

Tracey McNeely said...

Both of your backgrounds TK are so lovely behind the pretty flowers. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

sandie said...

gosh I feel so honoured that with this working schedule you still visit me-thank you so much. I love the funky look of these flowers and also the embossed background but also that lovely coloured base card too xx

Claire said...

Pretty card, love the embossed background and like the colour of the base card x

Deborah Frings said...

I think your card is just fab. Love the pretty flowers and the embossed texture.

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this CAS card! The flowers are so pretty and I love the embossed background! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!~

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design and great colors!

I Card Everyone said...

Look at that!! SO darling! Some of my favorite doodled flowers, TK! Gosh this is adorable - thanks so much for planting them in The Flower Challenge gallery!
=]

Bobby said...

I love what you've done with the leftover DoodleBuds, TK, and the plaid embossing folder is wonderful with them. I can't imagine working 9 hour days. I'd probably fall asleep on the job. ;)

Bobby said...

Oops, I forgot to thank you for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Bonnie said...

Ooh, pretty, TK!x Love that plaid embossed background!

Lisa Elton said...

Those whimsical flowers are fun and I like them in these colors! Cute card, TK. I don't think I would like that schedule either... hopefully your body will adjust to it!

Nancy said...

TK, This is such a pretty CAS card! That EF background is fun too! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Cat Craig said...

You showed off those colors beautifully in this sweet card. Alternate work weeks are like daylight time change on steroids. I remember working a 9/80 as we called it which was the same as your mentioned schedule and it took me a good month not to be exhausted. Hang in there.

Mac Mable said...

Love the plaid embossing and those pretty flowers TK on both cards x. Wow what a shift pattern you have and I would be shattered! x.

Aileen said...

This is so pretty love the colours and these flowers, just perfect. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen