3.20.2022

Doodle Buds Birthday Ditto

 Hello again!

Yesterday was a good day!  I actually met my first stamping friend in person!  Then my day ended in my Craft Room, what more could a girl ask for, right?!  It all started when I hadn't heard from her for a bit, reached out and decided today was the day to meet.  We had planned on this before but with COVID, plans got set aside and blah blah blah (you know the rest).  But her Birthday is today, so I decided to hand deliver her card!  Happy Birthday, Ida!


This stamp set was still sitting on my desk from a few cards ago, and since I love it, I decided another card was in order.  I stamped and heat embossed, then water colored the elements and cut them out with their dies.  They were set up to resemble the MFTWSC585, plus I added a sentiment strip popped up, as was one of the flowers.  I thought about stamping the sentiment flat, but I really wanted the leaves tucked underneath so I went that route.  Oh yes, and parts of each were winked with Stella.


Hope you've had a wonderful weekend -- ours is a bit gray but still warming up!


Supplies:
   W+9:  Doodle Buds stamps/dies
   AE:  Load of Wishes sentiment
   Wink of Stella

May you be blessed today and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Hugs,
TK




We met up at a coffee stand in her town an hour away, and chatted for quite some time.  My grandson took the road trip with me, and while he might've been a bit bored, he added to conversation a bit but let us chat otherwise.  If you'd like to "meet" Ida, head on over to her blog -- she's into photography too!

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

How fun for you both, TK! Crafty friends are fun friends! CUTE bday card, bet she loved it!

Claire said...

How nice to finally be able to meet a blogging friend for coffee... sounds like you enjoyed the roadtrip. I like her card you designed and how you've interpreted the MFT sketch, cute doodle flowers x

I Card Everyone said...

Oh I'm so happy for you both! I hope you'll gather again soon, and even get a little play time in, too! Ida is a talented card maker, too! The two of you will no doubt have lots to share!
I love your doodled flowers cast onto your card like those bubbles, TK!
=]

Bobby said...

How wonderful to meet up with a crafty friend, TK. I'm sure she loved her card. I mean it has Doodle Buds on it. One of my favs.

Pam Sparks said...

super cute card and how fun that cardmaking brings friends together!

Mac Mable said...

Great take on the sketch and a thoughtful birthday card for your friend x. So glad you managed to catch up in person TK x.

Bonnie said...

How fun that you could deliver this in person, TK! Love these little sparkly tidbits and I'm sure Ida loves it too!

Cat Craig said...

What a fun and funky card. Love.

Ida said...

I want to thank you again for this awesome card. I just love the colors and all that shimmer from the Wink of Stella (which I'm going to get on my next order). I had an amazing time meeting you and your grandson. Can't wait to do it again.

Darnell said...

I LOVE your birthday card for Ida, TK, and I especially love that you and your grandson drove over to meet her and deliver it in person! My heart is smiling! Hugs, Darnell