3.06.2022

Mom

 Hello, long time no see!

I haven't been here for a few days, okay, over a week but I'm here today with a card!  Another attempt at foiling with my Glimmer machine.  While the foiling turned out, I have to admit that I'm crazily overwhelmed and it intimidates me to no end!  Why?  I'm not sure.  Once I get the foiling done, I seem to be totally LOST as what to do with it next... strange.

Here's my attempt for today ~


The foil color is fuschia and the c/s is a light plum, but somehow they go together. I foiled the letters, then cut them apart with the matching dies.  The heart of flowers was foiled and then cut as well.  
A close-up to show the shine ~


Well this technique is definitely stretching my brain and comfort zone!

This will at Time Out #208 - A Special Birthday challenge (Happy Birthday Time Out), where I was inspired by a celebration and the colors, and NBUS #36, because both hot foil plates are new.

 

Supplies:
   PF - Inna Alphabet foil plates & dies
   SB - Love Enclosed foil plate (GOM 2/22O), Fuschia foil
   PB - Simple Stackers die
   PTI - My Mother, My Friend (sentiment)

Thank you ALL for stopping in for a visit.  See you soon!

Hugs,
TK








9 comments:

Kathyk said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous foiling with us at NBUS this month - good luck with your foiling projects and getting more comfortable with it too!

Kathyk
Guest DT member at NBUS for March

Mac Mable said...

The foiling looks fabulous and what a pretty colour of foil TK. You nailed the technique and love this striking Mother's day card x. Well done you going outside your comfort zone as it looks amazing x.

Cat Craig said...

Well, its beautiful, so you did figure it out.

Bonnie said...

Very pretty, TK! I have quite a few foiled pieces that I haven't put on a card yet. I'm glad the foiling is coming easier. It will all come together soon, I'm sure.

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like you're doing a good job to me, TK this is terrific! Keep up the good work! I haven't gone down the foiling road yet. I just admire what everyone else does with it!

Bobby said...

I can't wait to get a Glimmer machine, TK. Your foiling looks fabulous and what a great card design.

I Card Everyone said...

I think you've found a perfect place for this beautifully foiled heart, TK!
Mom is going to love it!
=]

Jill V said...

I love how you have used the foiled elements togeher in this card - they work together beautifully! Thanks so much for celebrating 8 years with us at TIME OUT!

Darnell said...

I love how schparkly the foil makes the letters and the heart in gorgeous fuchsia with the plum card base! Your Mom will treasure it, TK! I'm going to sit out this foil plate and glimmer machine technique, but I can see why it is all the rage! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell