2.24.2022

Prayers

Hello, Dear Friends!

Yes this is another card that we don't want to send but is a part of life.   This one goes to my cousin and family, who lives quite aways away.  I will not be able to offer a hug in person, but I hope this card brings some semblance of peace.


This was a bit fidgety for me, but only because I have stocky fingers instead of those preciously given to pianists.  I cut the white panel with a new die and cut the leaf sprigs from pink vellum.  The sprigs are held in place by the matte silver washi but the washi also provides a perch for the die cut sentiment.  This was the fidgety part because I attached a part of the stems under the tape but wanted the leaves to sit on top.  I admit, my first attempt had the tape wonky and the leaves hanging way out of place -- success on the second attempt.   The panel was then adhered to a navy c/s base.


I love the color combo here, and hopefully the silver washi counts as a neutral.  I layered the sentiment 3 times -- I contemplated using a glitter c/s for it but I just wanted it to be subtle yet noticeable.  The card will be entered into The Color Hues #35 - Navy and Pink and NBUS #35.

 

Supplies:
   MFT - Prayers stamp, Sending Prayers die
   PTI - Turning a New Leaf die
   WF - Nesting Postage die (freebie) [NBUS]

Whew, well that's a load of challenges this week!  I've hit a couple of them multiple times, others that I hope to re-visit.  Thank you for your visit!

Hugs,
TK






13 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Sorry for the need of this beautiful card. I love the pink vellum sprig! So pretty! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!

Rosemary said...

the color hues combo is perfect for a sympathy card and you have used them perfectly on your card, tk. i know your cousin and family will deeply appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Bonnie said...

Vellum is tricky but it looks like you tamed it into submission, TK! This makes a beautifully serene sympathy card. Sorry you had need of one.

I Card Everyone said...

TK such a beautiful card - a wonderful way to deliver hugs, and prayers when we can't be with our loved ones in their time of need. You are a very sweet cousin, my friend!
=]

Nancy said...

Just beautiful TK! I love the soft vellum leaves and I know they will feel the love when they see this gorgeous card you made for them. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Prudence said...

Beautiful and poignant card sure to bring comfort to your cousin and family. Sending well wishes to you and your family. Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

Prudence
NBUS February Guest Designer

Mac Mable said...

Gentle and beautiful card TK. The vellum die cut leaves in the pink look so pretty and love the pop of silver from the tape. No pianist fingers my end either TK x.

Cat Craig said...

I do love the delicateness that vellum adds.

Tracey McNeely said...

The pink vellum is so lovely and fresh for spring! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Claire said...

Oh dear, not a nice card to have to make but you did a really nice job and I hope it bought your cousin a little solace knowing they're in your thoughts x

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the softness the vellum adds. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

sandie said...

This is a card that you might not want to send but will be greatly appreciated. I love the serene feel to it, it has a lovely flow with the leaves like this and the silver was a great idea. It works so well with the blue x

Kim Heggins said...

This is so beautiful! Love those colors.