2.20.2022

Masculine Get Well

 Hello, Friends!  I hope you're having a wonderful, holiday weekend.

I come bearing a card today for my dad.  You see, he took a bit of a spill and got a tad boogered up, but I'm happy to say he's OK!  A concussion, broken nose and stitches on his nose and noggin' but his sense of humor is still intact.  The worse thing for him, I'm sure, is the fact that it cancelled his fishing trip...

Anyway, this'll be the card that I deliver, hopefully tomorrow.  A visit, a pass-off with the card and goodies, and he'll be happy as a clam!


Pretty straight forward, except that it follows the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches #523 and the colors at Color Throwdown #680.  I really do love the dark brown, even if I changed it to kraft!  Oh yes, and my plaid e/f is NBUS, we'll go there too!

  

Supplies:
   SSS - Deco Diamonds b/g
   SB - Plaid e/f (NBUS)
   GKD - Scripty Sayings stamps
   W+9 l- Woodland Basics dies

Well, that's it for me today.  I've been enjoying the sunshine streaming through my front windows, but now it's time to tackle chores, squish on my grand-dog that's here to visit and maybe even get to another card!

Hugs,
TK










 


16 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Hope your dad's recovery continues nicely. Hes sure to enjoy the card.

Jen Brum said...

Oh that sounds like quite the tumble your dad had! Hope he heals quickly! This card will definitely cheer him up! Love those leaves and the embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Wanda Cullen said...

A very sweet card for your dad and a great take on the throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us in the challenge!

Rosemary said...

I'm so sorry your dad took a tumble, TK. This card will definitely cheer him up.

Claire said...

Oh no TK, sounds like he took quite the tumble so fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and back to his fishing... Great masculine card with the graphic feel. I like how you've matted the sentiment x

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog. God bless you

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous take on the sketch and love the dimension from the embossing folder. I am so sorry to hear about your DAD TK but this card, I am sure will cheer him up x.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, TK! I'm so sorry about your Dad - you're right, a darling card and a visit from his girl will do him a world of good! It's a good one!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, the poor guy! Glad he's okay. He'll treasure your card and your visit ;)

Bonnie said...

I'm sure this card and your visit made your Dad feel lots better, TK! I hope he recovers soon and can go fishing! Love the plaid embossing folder!

Broni said...

A great card for your Dad! So sorry about his spill and especially about missing his fishing trip!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Karren said...

Such a wonderful card! I hope your father heals soon. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Bobby said...

Why does a face get a beating when a person falls? I'm so sorry about your Dad, TK, but I'm sure your wonderful card, and some goodies, will cheer him up and make him forget all about that fishing trip. For now anyway.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card which I am sure your Dad will love. I hope he has a speedy recovery!

Prudence said...

What a lovely and thoughtful card for your Dad. Hope he’s feeling better and able to go on his fishing trip. Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

Prudence
NBUS February Guest Designer