2.06.2022

Love You

Hello, Friends!

I'd introduce my card, and let you know who it's for but I'm guessing you already know!  Yes, it's that time of year again and it (frankly) snuck on me this year.  Valentine's is just around the corner, and this will be one of the cards for Hubbs - yes, I usually make two...  This card comes compliments of two current challenges, Color Hues:  Red & Black, and Freshly Made Sketches #521


Pretty simple, using most snips of pp, a quick embossing folder and a couple dies all layered up.  Oh yes, let's not forget the glossy accents.  Since I had a bit of red polka dotted pp, I decided to use an e/f to make matching dots for the white pieces, then attached the letters, words and hearts.  Here's a close-up ~


I'm not sure why the glossied heart in love looks like it has bubbles, but I assure it doesn't.  Maybe since I only used a thin layer for that heart?  Not sure, anyway hopefully this card is not too foo-foo-ish.

And here's the inspiration ~
 

Well that's it for me today, I helped Hubbs go on a drive to pick up a large machine for his workshop, so less time for crafting after cooking and laundry.  I love helping him and spending time together so that's well worth it to me.

Supplies:
   CB - Swiss Dots
   E by E - You Rock die
   MFT - Stitched Alpha dies
   SSS - Stacked Hearts and Tic Tac Toe Hearts dies

Days are getting longer here, but it drops below freezing at night and hits low 50's during the days, but I'm pretty sure we're still in winter in these parts.  Hope your weather is treating you nice and warm days will be soon.

Hugs,
TK






15 comments:

Kim S said...

Such a creative use of the sketch! I love how you did "LOVE"!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Mac Mable said...

Great take on the sketch TK and your card for DH is striking, textural and modern x. Always good to spend time with the ones we love.....x.

Linda Callahan said...

Your CAS design is as sweet as can be! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Karen said...

A great design for the Color Hues Red and Black Challenge. I love those glossy hearts! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

Simple design with a BIG impact, TK! The sentiment says it all!

Lisa Elton said...

Those little glossy hearts are the icing on cake! Cute card for the hubbs, TK!

Claire said...

2 cards, lucky hubby! I really like the glossy hearts, almost makes them look enamel and draws your eye to the card. Nice take on the challenges, I'm struggling with ideas and time grrr x

Cécile RIBON said...

What a gorgeous Valentine's card. I totally love this modern design, it's so striking! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

I Card Everyone said...

Darling card for your sweetheart, TK!
=]

Nancy said...

Such a perfect caed for your hubby, TK. Love the glossy hearts and the vertical and horizontal layout as it adds a nice touch! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card for Valentines.

Rosemary said...

Fun take on the sketch and Color Hues combo!

Marina said...

Really striking - the dimension is great.

Bobby said...

Love your love card, TK. Matching the polka dots was a great idea and hearts always look great when they're shined up with GA.

cm said...

Crushing over and smitten by your fabulous card! Your husband will love this, as do I! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!
~carol