2.13.2022

On Valentine's Day

 Hello!

Yes, I know tomorrow is Valentine's Day, but short of getting up even EARLIER, I'm opting to post tonight, which means you won't get it until the tomorrow anyway!

I'm not totally sure I completed the challenge correctly but if not I still have a second card for Hubbs!  This one came about by a sketch challenge, a color challenge and a challenge to use die cuts as a stencil ~ 



 Not a masculine card by any means, but he'll just have to put up with a little sweetness for Valentine's.  First I die cut the heart panel out of white and temporarily glued it down to my cs and ink-blended through it using a light pink, trying to keep it really light.  From there, I removed the stencil, blended candy apple red and applied glaze to make it a bit bolder.  The panel was then popped up over the stenciled pink and heat embossed the sentiment on black.
Here's a peek to see the stenciled blending ~ 


If you look really close, you'll see the white off to the right of each heart.

Not too mushy, right!  This will go to MFT  Sketch #580, Just Us Girls - Trend Week #619 and be a second entry to The Color Hues #34 - Red & Black.

  


Supplies:
   SSS - Tic Tac Toe Hearts die
   Fskrs - Holiday Hooplah (this is OLD)

I hope you have a beautiful Valentine's Day.  Remember, Love make the World go around!

Hugs,
TK





12 comments:

Hannelie said...

LOVE the way you used negative space on this fab Valentines card!
So happy to see you in the Color Hues Gallery!

Claire said...

Ohh I like the subtle blending of the pink beneath the die cut. The sentiment is a lovely script font and to me it's perfect as is... no mush and says what it needs to and its far better than what's waiting for my husband lol x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love how you stenciled the hearts, then added the red die cut over the top for a beautiful design! I think it is perfect for your hubby. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Karen said...

Looks like a perfect valentine for almost anyone! It certainly works for the Color Hues Challenge! Thanks for joining us!

Cat Craig said...

Its a great man card for Valentines.

Julie B said...

I don't think it's mushy at all, a fab make for the male in your life!
Thanks for being inspired by the colours at Color Hues. :)

Rosemary said...

You combined all three challenges into one fabulous card that I know your hubby loved!

Mac Mable said...

The stencilling gives the hearts a 3D effect and your design is so eye catching TK and perfect for DH x.

I Card Everyone said...

LOve does make the world go around - you've put lots of love into this bonus Valentine for your husband! So cute, not too mushy! xx
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is a terrific guy card!

Nancy said...

Such a great masculine card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and Just Us Girls!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This card turned out awesome. Love that red panel with all the hearts. Thanks for joining in at just us girls challenge