4.27.2024

Another Play with Ida

Hello and welcome!

Today I've got a quick post as I'm running WAY behind schedule!  Ida has challenged us to "backgrounds" - now that can be any background you choose, new technique, old technique or a favorite.  Here's mine ~


I chose to do a favorite, as I'm really enjoying all the textures of late -- press plates, embossing plates, hot foiled -- you name it!  This is pretty self-explanatory so I'll keep the chatter to a minimum.  I used an NBUS stamp and die set, plus an oldie but favorite embossing folder.  The flowers were stamped, colored with Copics and then winked.  OOPS!  See that flower to the right, tucked behind the arch?  Well that was a bit of winking gone astray!  So back to my desk, another stamping, cutting and coloring and then tucked it sweetly over my blunder.

Since this is a new stamp and die set, I'll be entering this at NBUS #61.


Please do go and visit Ida, as she's actually done a technique!  Besides, a sweet birdie told me that she loves the visitors from my blog!

Supplies:
   WRMK - Quilt (pin)
   PFS - Nested Arches dies, Arch Florals and dies (NBUS)

Thank you for spending time with me today, and I really hope you enjoy your weekend!  On another note, please be patient with me as my comments and visits may be random, as I'm going through some "stuff".

Hugs,
TK


 

7 comments:

Ida said...

Love how pretty this turned out. I love texture and that background is very elegant looking. Your flowers are so lovely. Beautiful card. Thanks for another fun challenge.

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully designed and executed.

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful TK! I love that quilted background and your floral arch is gorgeous and beautifully colored. Lovely, lovely card my friend!! 😊

Verna Angerhofer said...

It’s a beautiful card with the gorgeous flowers against that fantastic embossing folder!. And adding Wink of Stella is the perfect touch!

Bonnie said...

Ooh, this is so pretty TK! I think finding fixes is the most important part of cardmaking and I think you've got it down pat! Who would have know that this card had any elements that weren't perfect! Great save, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Those pretty little flowers look wonderful on the cozy quilted background, TK! That tucked in flower looks like it was always meant to be there!

Bobby said...

This is such a sweet card, TK. I love how the flowers form around the pink dome.