4.07.2024

Happy Days

 Welcome, welcome, Dear Friends!

Today's post is all about a certain Birthday boy!  Well it isn't quite his Birthday, but today is when the family celebration is happening, so I present his card ~


I started with my NBUS Postage Stamp Collage die and stencils.  I ink blended on all the panels with the same colors, light for the background and then darker for the fun stenciling.  I stayed with a light color for the UR and LL corners, then stamping his initial and age.  I also ink blended the portion of the panel that cuts off to reveal the outer postage marks, blending in a deep blue, then adhered it directly to my card front.  I popped up the postage base, and then popped up my adorable bear!  He's another fun item I brought home from Michele's and I knew I had to use him for this cardl, he's colored with Copics.

Because I have used a new product, this card will go to NBUS #61, and because my bear is so adorable, he'll be entered over at Double D - Cute Little Animals too!

  

Supplies:
   WF - Postage Stamp die & stencil
   CCC - Happy Days
   MCS (oob) - Chunky Alphabet

Thank you for the visit -- I hope your Sunday is happy and relaxing, just what the doctor ordered!  We had several days of warmth, getting up to 83 degrees, followed by several days of rain and/or drizzle in the 50's, and today's wind!  Temps are supposed to go back, I know I'm hoping they do but also hoping they stop in the 80's and just bypass those 100's this year!

Hugs,
TK


9 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Good luck on the challenges you have entered. Your design looks fantastic and I think a winner too. Great use of stencils and I love that darling bear. I see so many using a postage die lately but I don’t think I will invest in one myself.

Leslie Miller said...

This little guy is absolutely adorable and I love all those colorful background panels! Happy day to the birthday boy! Thank you for sharing with us at Double D!

Bonnie said...

This bear is so sweet, TK! Love the stenciled background using a light and dark of the same colors! Very festive and fun. Perfect for a 12 year old!

I Card Everyone said...

TK, you couldn't have found/made a more darling, happy, and sweet place for Mr. Bear to live! I'm betting your grandson loved it!
=]

Bobby said...

So fun and colorful, TK. Perfect for a 12 year old. Happy Birthday to your grandson. My great-grandson turned 11 on the 7th.

Darnell said...

I'm sure your grandson loved this card, TK! Kids love initials and their age and little cute critters, so you checked all the boxes! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell (You are up in my head about the temps ... 79 here today, in the 80s tomorrow and I'm already unhappy. Mister scoffed and asked what I was going to do when it gets over a hunnert? Ugh!)

Cat Craig said...

Cute cute cute

Marcia Hill said...

Not sure how I missed this guy, but he's ADORABLE on top of all those stenciled postage stamps TK!! Cute, CUTE card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Birgit said...

This sweet bear certainly fits into the "cute animals" category. Your card is darling! The stenciled background is perfect for this little guy. Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D Challenge. I wish you the best of luck in the draw.