4.11.2024

#pfcreateandconnect - Class 4 w/Yana Smakula

 Hello!

Today's post is another from the February event, that I've been so deliquent in posting!  I plan to do the remaining posts soon, so hopefully I'll get it all done.  Today's cards feature the PFS Lantern Botanicals, and boy, does Yana know how to use them (what am I saying, she is amazing with any product)!

Card #1 - 

Gorgeous, right?  I changed this up a bit, as I used the frame die to cut down the blue glitter background to leave some white showing, where Yana used a full glitter background.  This set is so gorgeous and is now available in a foil plate, which we didn't get in the event.

Card #2 - 

Another bold background!  While mine was not inked as heavily as Yana's, both are pretty -- I guess I'm just not as comfortable with bold as she is.  I didn't place my lanterns the best, in fact the middle one almost is hidden -- lesson learned...

I hope you've enjoyed these posts, as I only have a couple more unless I decide to do the "extra" make & takes to show.  Yana's class started out day 2 and I had learned that I need to blend ahead of time, if I wanted to stay up with the class, so I inked the evening before.  I also wish that I had left the die cut pieces in the full cardstock panel and the stamps in place, then I could re-ink the details after the blending.  Either way, these cards are beautiful, and that's understating Yana's talent!

Supplies:
   PFS Lantern Botanicals stamps, dies, stencils; Notched Corner die

Thank you for the visit and I hope you have a beautiful weekend ahead.

Hugs,
TK


6 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards look wonderful to me! I like the.bold colors and the ink blending is great!

I Card Everyone said...

I have enjoyed seeing your 'homework' TK! Gorgeous lanterns in fabulous colors - don't underestimate your flare for bold - that blended panel is wonderful!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Two fabulous cards, TK! I agree with Michele, your ink blended panel looks wonderful and I also like the placement of your lanterns on that card!

Bonnie said...

These lanterns are so pretty, TK! I love how the sparkle and inking shows through them. I'd say that you have mastered bold. Bright and beautiful colors, my friend!

Bobby said...

Whether ink blended or glittered your backgrounds show off your beautiful lanterns, TK. So glad to see you enjoy the class and the products you received.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards, Tk.