4.08.2024

Treat Yourself!

 Hello again!

That sentiment is one that I did not treat lightly while recently in Michele's studio!  A gracious hostess and she never tired of me wanting to see and play with all the things.  Another fun product that she had was layering stencils for backgrounds -- wonderful idea, but I would've never considered them UNTIL ~

Thanks, Michele, for also showing me to take a photo of my colors!


Lucious, quick and easy -- this stencil is a treat!  Two colors!  Afterwards, I cut it down with two layers of dies and added a gold panel underneath for interest.  However, after popping up the center on foam and setting it on top, I couldn't see enough of that gold paper so I off-set the center layer so it could peek out!  This card will be my second entry to Color Hues #84 - Peach & Green.
Here's a better photo of the shine ~


This is an odd angle, but now you can see the shine a tad better.  A pre-foiled sentiment was attached.  What did I do with that outer portion, you ask?  Why, put it inside the card to allow for plenty of space for personal writing -- no waste here!
This is definitely a QACAS card, but also really pretty with the sweet stencil.


Supplies:
   WF - Layered Orchid stencil
   CP - Scallops & Dots dies
   PFS - Ephemera #6 pre-foiled sentiment

Loving these sweet tools from Michele, and loving the colors at Color Hues!
Thank you for the visit, and have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
TK






13 comments:

Bonnie said...

Such a sweet background just using the two colors and still adding shading! Another gorgeous card for this challenge!

Karen said...

I just love the soft colors you've achieved with this beautiful card! The shimmer from the foiled sentiment and the scalloped border of the top layer just add to the beauty of this card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love.stenciled designs and yours is beautiful! The colors are so soft and gorgeous and with the off set design the gold shows off perfectly! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card.

Marcia Hill said...

Another beauty TK...so glad you're having fun with our challenge colors!! I love that stencil you used and am going to have to get after Michele for not sharing it with me! Haha!! I love the shine from the gold with this card too...lovely, lovely my friend and thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Hues again!! Hugs. :0)

Ida said...

So pretty. The colors ate lovely and the gold really sets it off.

I Card Everyone said...

TK, your stenciled panel turned into such a gorgeous card! YES, to peeking gold and this lovely, foiled sentiment and scallops!
=]

Inkyfingers said...

What a pretty card and I love the soft colours you chose. I really like how you offset the centre panels and it was such a good idea to use the cut-out piece inside the card.

Bobby said...

I love the soft colors and the way you layered the panels, TK.

Lisa Elton said...

You worked your magic with this stencil set, TK, your card is beautiful!

Julie B said...

You created such a lovely floral panel using the Color Hues colours. The off set center with the gold peeking out works really well, TFS. :)

Cat Craig said...

So Pretty!

Cindy Beach said...

TK, your stenciled background is so beautiful, and I love the way that you used gold to set it off. The soft colors show off my colors fabulously! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

So pretty, TK! Michele is certainly a gracious host with loads to play with. She certainly has enabled me a time or two. Thanks for entering this gorgeous cards at Color Hues.