4.18.2024

A Tulip or Two

Good Day, Dear Friends!

I have a couple of cards today, from "makes" while back at Michele's.  She gently instructed me how to better watercolor.  While I would never profess to be an artist, I think I do better with Copics than watercolors, so she encouraged me along.  Starting with these beautiful blooms, it was much easier with her help ~

Card #1


The colored tulips were die cut, placed on a vellum label, then perched upon two accenting strips (one slice of the cherished Subtle e/f, all loaded onto the deep purple base.  I added a few glacier jewels to finish it off.  No sentiment?  Well, I'm not sure what the purpose of the card will be at this time but it stands well on its own, don't you think?

Card #2


There's quite a few layers in this card!  These tulips were tucked inside the foiled, popped up frame, perched upon a "subtle" embossed panel, laid upon a green panel, backed by the brick embossed bottom layer, before attaching everything to the card base, along with the beloved Subtle e/f I got to use at Michele's!!!  Love it -- wish I had caught wind of it while it was still for sale!  A few iridescent drops and my card was complete.  Again, no sentiment as I have quite a few "occasions" coming up.

Thanks, Michele, for your expertise!  And yes, Marcia, I finally got these posted!  Boy, a few sidetracks and I went all squirrely on you - I totally lost my intention in getting these posted sooner.

I'll enter these at The Flower Challenge #90 - Add Layers and Triple B - April 2024.


Supplies:
   Card #1 - SU Subtle e/f; Splb Labels 18; WF Tulips stamps & dies; PFS Glacier jewels
   Card #2 - Szx Bricked e/f; PFS Nested Arches fp & dies; SU Subtle; WF Tulips & dies; PFS clear drops

Thanks for the visit, and I hope you all have a great, crafty weekend ahead!

Hugs,
TK




10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Layered in loveliness, TK! Your watercoloring look great too. I could use some work on mine. Maybe I need to pay Michele a visit... or you!!

I Card Everyone said...

TK, you give me more credit than I deserve - you have skills my friend, you just need to recognize them! This is the easiest of all water coloring, and the heat-embossed 'walls' make it so easy to contain the water-y color, don't they?
I love what you've done with your tulips - no sentiments necessary, in my humble opinion!
So happy to see your layered number in our gallery at The Flower Challenge! Thanks for playing again!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

These are both absolutely GORGEOUS TK!! And it looks like you took to water coloring like a pro! I struggle with water coloring too...mostly because I'm too impatient to let the layers dry before I add another layer! Grrr!! But anyway, both of these are so lovely and so glad you shared them with us at The Flower Challenge!! Hugs. 😊

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both look so beautiful and great choice of colors! Tulips are a gorgeous flower and always love the look of them swaying in the breeze on Spring days.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely use of purple on both cards! Beautiful 🤩

Cat Craig said...

Purple and green, so pretty for your tulips.

Bobby said...

Your watercolored tulips are gorgeous, TK, and so are the panels you created to show them off. I love all the layers on the second card. Thanks for sharing that one with us at The Flower Challenge.

Bonnie said...

Your tulips are gorgeous, TK! Your watercoloring is spot on and I love both ways you've put these on cards! They stand on their own beautifully and easy enough to pop a sentiment on when you are ready to send!

Diane said...

Gorgeous cards, love the pretty Spring purples!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Cindy Beach said...

These cards are such a delight to the eyes, TK! I'm loving your watercoloring and the purple tulips are gorgeous! They stand out beautifully on your pretty layers. Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!