4.16.2024

Masculine BD Card & a Round-about CASE

 Welcome, Welcome!

Today's card brings my SIL's Birthday, front and center!  Happy Birthday, Big D!
In making this card, I was looking for masculine inspiration and I went to Michele's blog to search.  What I found was her card CASE-ing me, so now I'm CASE-ing her!!!  It was such a long time ago, so I decided to bring the technique back and make another card ~


Using the same folder, however I also used different ink colors, a different label tag and a different sentiment.
So, what's CASEd from her card, you ask?


Why, off-setting the embossed texture on the second embossing so it doesn't mimic the actual inked portion!  Brilliant!  Thanks, Michele!  And my sentiment?  Well it's a new-to-me better press plate set, which didn't im-press at all!  I used all 3 given shims and nada; so now I'm going to have to research what I can add to my Big Shot Express (electric) to run my BetterPress through it and get that beloved impression.  I did try adding a detail metal shim but it was not as long as the "sandwich" so it quits rolling at some point....  Oy!  I may have to bring my manual Big Shot Plus out of the closet for just this purpose.

Anyway, that's it for me today, except sending it over to NBUS for that un-impressed sentiment!


Supplies:
   Darice - Argyle e/f
   EH (oob) - Hex Frames
   Splb - A Little Message sentiment bpp (NBUS)

It's a great start to the week, I hope your week is blessed too!

Hugs,
TK




7 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your argyle (I think that is what it is called) design and the colors are perfect for a masculine card. I can feel your frustration from your post about having a new tool and not being able to get the results you want from it. I’m trying to be content with what I have for tools. My budget won’t allow for too many more acquisitions nor does my space.

Cat Craig said...

This is a fantastic man card, and I LOVE it. The offset cased is so interesting.

I Card Everyone said...

OH, TK! I just loved that crafty session with you! Even though we couldn't see each other, we made the best of that long-distance phone-crafting didn't we?
Thanks so much for linking the original post - I've done a LOT of searching lately!
We do need to chat about your lack of letterpress impression - I'm almost SURE it's that you used regular cardstock instead of the cotton Betterpress paper. BUT it still looks great!
Loving the blue and kraft!
=]

Bonnie said...

WOW! Love this with the offset embossing and fabulous coloring, TK! Love the blue on the sentiment too! A perfect match!

Bobby said...

Perfect masculine card, TK. Love it!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this colors combo, TK! This is a fantastic card!

Marcia Hill said...

Awesome card TK and I may have to CASE it as well!! Bummer about the sentiment not im-pressing! Did you use actual cotton cs? I use all three shims with mine all the time and get deeply impressed images each time. If you are using cotton cs, then maybe try adding a 4th or 5th shim...even something as simple as a piece of printer paper folded in half can make a big difference! I'll say some prayers for your next try!! 😊🙏