4.25.2024

#pfcreateandconnect - Class 6 w/Jennifer McGuire

Hello again, Friends!

I'm back again with more PFS products, in the final class from the February event.  This class taught by Jennifer McGuire, is something nearly all of us has done before -- sit and watch as she creates, demonstrating techniques, showing helpful hints and creating fun cards.

Card #1

This is the Berry & Blossoms all-in-one stamp, that I spoke of last class.  It was used as a background, colored with the stencils and left as a whole panel.  The frame popped up over shaker bits with the sentiment lifted with foam inside the shaker.  Jennifer had us do the sentiment this way, eliminating any struggle of attaching the sentiment to the clear acetate, which was sandwiched between two layers of the frame -- both brilliant!  Just make sure to powder the sides of the foam on the sentiment before adding your shaker bits (or better yet, before sticking it down)...

Card #2 - 


Her second card was a technique that she's shown before, and loved -- I believe she called it a buckle card.  The flowers, greenery, sentiment and inner "frame" were all attached only to the left front, while the frame was attached only to the right front, allowing them to fold (or buckle) closed together.
See below...


Well now that you've endured through my event, I want to thank you!  There was a lot of work and information, but it was wonderful!  Hope I didn't string this out and bore you all, but goodness, it's a blessing I didn't share it all in one post!!!

   PFS - Berry & Blossoms stamp, stencil; Notched Corner dies; Stitched Octagonal coverplate; and assorted beads, sequins and bits

Thank you, thank you, thank you for mustering through this but as you can guess, I was a first-timer and SUPER pleased with the classes, comraderie while crafting and cards!
Thanks, Pinkfresh Studios, for the amazing products and event!

Hugs,
TK



6 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Jennifer sure had passed on her expertise to you as these cards you created are so gorgeous and well designed! I love both!

Cat Craig said...

Well done TK. Cool cards. So glad you enjoyed the event.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm giving you another A+++ for your homework, TK! I am loving the aqua you've used on your cards today - not usually a draw for me, but I love it with your pink strawberries and bright greens leaves, too!
Two fun Jen McG designs and you've executed them beautifully! thanks for sharing all of your Pinkfresh cards. It's easy to imagine you'll be taking another class!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love both of these techniques, TK! Thanks for a describing the techniques so well and sharing the info that you learned in these classes, and the beautiful cards!

Bobby said...

You did good, TK. You learned a lot in the classes and your homework proves it. Both cards are lovely. I wrote down directions from someone else that made a similar buckle card but I have yet to try one. I love seeing all you've made and how thrilled you were with the classes. I've signed up for the August Create and Connect.

Lisa Elton said...

Great job TK! Both cards are pretty but I'm drawn to those delightful berries today!