3.10.2024

Today is a Perfect Day

 Hello, Fine Feathered Friends!
No?
Okay - hello, FRIENDS!!!

I have returned from Michele's and am "live" again - lol.  I had a couple of pre-dated posts so that it didn't appear that I feel off the face of the earth -- like THAT never happens to me! Lol
Tonight, I'm going to make this rather fast as I have a few "chores" still to complete before it's back to work tomorrow, so I'll get right to it.

I saw a few posts where people were joining over at Color Throwdown #783 - Peach, Sage and Cream.  I knew immediately that I had to play along, since I made the perfect panel while away.
Here is my card ~


While in the rush to put this card together, I totally forgot the cream, had everything proudly mounted on white, then UH OH!  While taking the photo, I remembered that it was supposed to be cream, so off I went back to the craft room.  Fortunately, this layout made it easy to recut the elements out of the first card and remount on cream!  It saved the day!

I ink blended the panel using CP Bellini, Orange Peel, Garden Party and Lime Rickey.  The panel was cut down, placed on the embossed base card and the sentiment foam-mounted.  Using the remaining portion of the panel (since I cut using the top edge), I added the horseshoe-portion to the inside, to bring the colors inside, leaving just the right amount of room for a hand-written sentiment ~


Supplies:
   WF - Rose background stencil, Nested Dome dies
   Alt. - Organic Linen e/f
   Alex Syberia - Spring Garden (sentiment)


That's it for me so I can zip this over to the challenge before I run out of time!
Thanks for the visit!!

Hugs,
TK





11 comments:

Loll said...

So pretty! That is a great colour combo ... and you've picked the perfect stencil for it. Beautiful card TK! xx

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card, I bet you had a ball playing with Michele. Glad you arrived home safely.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely use of the colors 😊

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card in design and colors! Awesome card for Spring too!

I Card Everyone said...

You knew right away that you'd use your arched dies for this panel, TK - and of course, you were right... it's wonderful - inside and out!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

White or cream, either way it's pretty! Love that stencil. Hope your first day back to work went well ;)

Broni said...

Beautiful use of the colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Marcia Hill said...

Yep, white or cream, it's a winner TK! Those colors are soooo pretty together and beautifully stenciled too!! Glad you made it home safely, and I'm so glad I got to meet you in person last week! Hugs. 😊

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous way to use these colors, TK! Love those soft peach flowers!

Bobby said...

Those roses are so soft and pretty, TK. You aren't the first one that forgot an element of a challenge and had to change the card. ;)

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog