3.06.2024

#pfcreateandconnect - Class 2 w/Lea Lawson

 Greetings!

Another day, another set of cards from the recent PFS Create and Connect event.  Class 2 was taught by Lea Lawson, Marketing Director, of Pinkfresh Studios!  She does a lot of live videos, you tubes, etc.  Due to having my homework done and supplies set out for each class, I didn't really change up these cards either.  I was, by the end of classes, getting more comfortable about what I could/couldn't do, the self-creating I could impose, etc.  Here are my two cards from Class 2 !


This card, while not captured, was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in Princess Gold.  Lea had Hero Arts Iridescent Gold, which I am on the hunt for!  I couldn't really tell through the screens what it looked like but I'll bet it's amazing!  I did hear that it can freak you out at first, because lots of gold dust sticks to your panel prior to embossing.  However, she showed us that because there is no Versamark under those areas, it still wipes perfectly clear when the rest is embossed!  Amazing and I'm pretty sure I would've freaked out but it's so logical now.  I love the way the ink blending sticks inside the embossing from the coverplate to accent the card.  Oh yes, I forgot the bling prior to photographing so you'll just have to imagine some.


This card is softer in colors, but I'll bet you're wondering whose sticky fingers got all over my frame!  This was actually intentional.  You would randomly (prior to double layering) push your frame into Versamark, sprinkle on your powder and then heat set!  I will say that my first frame went straight to the trash bin -- too much!  My second frame was much better, but I decided to ink blend a little darker with the same color as the cover plate; however, I didn't seem to like it after I got it glued down.  Back to the drawing board, so I left this frame white and just layered it over the other.  While you can't see the shine in the photo, you sure can get a glimpse IRL.

Another card for NBUS #60 (Boy, I do hope no one gets tired of me or think I'm grandstanding)!


Supplies:
   PFS - Citrus Twist stamps/dies/stencils (NBUS); Stitched Octagon cover plate; Notched Corner frame


I want to thank you for the visit and taking time out of your day!  I hope you have a blessed week!

Hugs,
TK



8 comments:

Bobby said...

Framed or unframed those fruit slices are yummy, TK.

I Card Everyone said...

LOve them both, and so happy I was able to help you get that entered in NBUS! Two heads are always better than one!
Just love the pinks and yellow together!
=]

Loll said...

Two beauties TK. LOVE the design of both and the soft colours you've used. I LOVE the idea of randomly adding patches of heat embossing to a frame. That's such a great idea! xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun cards! Well done 👍

Cat Craig said...

I can tell you are enjoying the class. Lovely cards.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Looks like you are having fun and your cards are amazing too!

Bonnie said...

I love this both in the brighter colors and the more subtle colors too! The frame is gorgeous! Your perseverance paid off!

Ida said...

These are both so cool and so pretty. I'm partial to the lighter toned card but love them both.