3.19.2024

Playing Cards with Friends!

Good morning, Friends!

Remember I was recently blessed with going to Michigan, meeting and being hosted by Michele?  Well, I finally got a couple "makes" together from our playdate with Marcia!  We're posting them today, and I'd love it if you visited them too, I've provided the links below.

Our first card was provided by Marcia, stamped and a square card base, so this one will be entered at The Flower Challenge #89 - Square Card and Trible B for the butterflies ~


The wreath was stamped, then water colored with DIs and fussy cut so I could pop it up, over the embossed background.  While at Michele's, she gave me that adorable circular-cut sentiment, so I knew I had to use it too!

My next card was stamped, colored using the matching stencils, then die cut.  While at Michele's, we worked together to figure out her very obstinate foiling machine!  The connection is so harsh, that it literally took two of us to pull it apart, so then we worked to figure out the correct shim/no shim, pressure needed, embossing machine to use, until we had some successful foilings.  She was gracious to gift me a couple of backgrounds using foil plates I don't have, and this is one of them!  Now, Michele can foil away -- well as long as her Hubby is nearby!


Beautiful, right?  While Peonies aren't the first thing to bloom, they still remind me of the warm weather coming.  This card will head over to Four Seasons challenge - Spring.

Oh my, thanks to Michele and Marcia, we had an amazing day!  Many more things to come, but this is our post using the same main element!  Thanks for a great day, Ladies!
Now, I know you're curious about Michele's and Marcia's makes, so head on over, you'll be glad you did!

Supplies
   Card #1 - PB Winged Wreath in Broken China, Abandoned Coral, Twisted Citron and Iced Spruce; Alt - Wicker Texture
   Card #2 - Alt - Pristine Peonies (rats!  I forgot the colors!); PFS - Abstract Triangles hfp; SSS - Fancy Thanks

Thank you for the visit, I appreciate you!

Hugs,
TK

15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

TK! How did you cut that circle out of the center of Marcia's wreath?? Your fussy cutting skills are phenomenal, and so is this lovely, embossed card base! I am still loving all the colors you brought to those butterflies!
I hope to get more foiling done now - when I can get my assistant to help lol! I appreciate your wonderful tips, and muscles, my friend! LOve that gorgeous gold foiling with your beautifully stenciled blooms!
Spending time with you and Marcia together will forever be a cherished memory! Thank YOU!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL TK!! I love how you cut out the butterfly wreath so the textured background would show through, and your coloring is wonderful! I love the circular sentiment too...I just pulled that PTI set out yesterday and used it on a card!! And your peony card with the foiled background is a stunner my friend! I'm so glad you and Michele had time to mess around with her foiling system as I know she's struggled with it ever since she got it! Lovely, lovely cards and I'm so glad we got to meet and spend the day together...it truly felt like we'd known each other for forever! Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

TK, thats an amazing fussy cutting job, I detest fussy cutting. I'll get the margin I want for 3/4's of the way and then one single snip and its too close. Arrgh and yes, I do turn the paper not the scissors.

I love that all that beautiful blue shines through your wreath. The peonys are beautiful as well.

I am so glad you got to visit and craft with Michele and Marcia. They are two super ladies and that you had time to fuss with Michele's frustrating foiling is a plus too!

Marcia Hill said...

I forgot to tell you Thank You for sharing your beautiful butterfly wreath with us at The Flower Challenge...it looks wonderful in our gallery!! :0)

Birgit said...

Hello TK! I'm popping in from both Marcia's and Michele's blogs. Just had to see all the beautiful cards you girls made during your recent visit. Both cards are simply stunning! I love the basket weave background you used on the first card. That's some amazing fussy cutting as well! Kudo's to you for that, as I am not fond of fussy cutting. The peonies are so pretty in those warm tones. I especially love the gold foiled background. Adds elegance and interest, for sure! I'm so happy to have stopped by your blog and say hello. It's always fun finding new crafters that share my paper passion as well.

Bonnie said...

I'm in awe of your fussy cutting, TK! It took this pretty wreath to a whole new level! And your peonies are GORGEOUS! I know it was a trip of a lifetime making wonderful memories!

Lisa Elton said...

That butterfly wreath is just as pretty as it can be, TK! Did you fussy cut that??!! Glad you two pushed through with that foiling machine, I now it's been a problem from the get go for her. Your peonies are beautiful. Can't wait to see more of your Michigan makes

Anonymous said...

Both cards are amazing and beautiful in colors and design! Sounds like you had a wonderful time being creative together!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Just posted and forgot my name.

Bobby said...

I know from experience it's a fun day with Michele and Marcia. I'm so glad you got the opportunity, TK. Your butterfly wreath is lovely and what a great job fussy cutting it. Love the sentiment. I know Michele has been disappointed with her glimmer machine so I'm glad you were able to help get some good panels made. Mine is difficult to pull apart too but I manage. I've never had a problem with needing shims. The background you ended up with is wonderful behind your gorgeous peonies.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm with everyone else -- your inner cutting of the butterfly wreath is mind blowing! A beautiful card on the embossed background! Your peonies are absolutely gorgeous in the soft colors against the foiled white. Quite an adventure with the foiling machine. My hands would never manage it. Altogether lovely, TK. I know the wonderful memories of your trip will last a lifetime!

Loll said...

Bautiful fussy-cut wreath over the embossed background TK. The colours are so pretty! And I LOVE your peonies. Gorgeous cards and so great you had a fabulous time crafting with your dear friends. xx

baileyrosy.com said...

just popped over from Michele's blog to see your beautiful creations and I'm so glad I did. Two beautiful cards and amazing fussy cutting.how wonderful to be able to craft with friends.

Marie

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at Four Seasons Challenge.

SathyaKala Sankaran said...

Such a pretty square card.
Thanks for joining us at TFC

Sathya
DT