3.02.2024

#pfcreateandconnect - Class 3 w/Mindy Eggen

 Hello, Friends, welcome!

Time I started getting cards posted from the recent PFS Create and Connect, February 2024!  I did my homework though maybe not enough, since this was my first event.  I didn't know what to expect, but my pre-organization was good - lol.  While I was able to keep up, I had a few "oopsies" along the way, and did a scramble or two.  However, I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, but when it was all done, my brain was on overload, and I was sore!

These cards were designed by Mindy, and while I strayed some, I typically didn't stray much, and this was one of the classes -- so all the kudos to Mindy for supplying the design, colors and fun.  Here's my two cards ~


While the photos were taken after dark, in a basement with all the lights on (please forgive the shadows), I hope you can see the details.  For this one, I used a different color first layer and cut it down with the same die.  This card was fun, while outside my usual style.


My second card was blended softer, and I really enjoyed this card, although I was not comfortable at first.  I thought I would not enjoy the "blending outside the lines" -- yes, I'm one of those gals!  However, I really do love the card, and it has been mailed off already to a dear friend who fell, broke her shoulder/arm in several places and had an unexpected replacement surgery!
Yep, prayers going up for this friend!

ETA:  I'll be sending this to NBUS #60 for the new stencils, stamps and coverplate die


Well, that's it for me today, I'll try to be back soon, maybe some pre-arranged posts will be in order since I'll soon be winging across several states to meet a couple new, but dear friends for a few days!

Supplies:
   PPP - Scalloped Stencil, Hummingbirds & Florals & dies
   PFS - Stitched Octagons coverplate, Notched Corner frames

I hope you're having a great week!  I know I'm having AN AMAZING ONE!

Hugs,
TK




9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty cards! Take lots of photos when you meet up with Michellle! How fun to get together 😊

Bonnie said...

The bright turquoise frames are so pretty over top of the soft colored background, TK! I really love the soft coloring and embossed edges on the second card! Great background too! I know you are in for a fun few days! Enjoy and safe travels.

I Card Everyone said...

I adore your hummingbirds, TK! Those 'crimped' details on these frames always make me yearn for pie!
So sorry to hear that your friend had such a terrible injury but I am sure that this beautiful card will be so appreciated!
A++ on your homework, my friend!
=]

Bobby said...

Hummingbirds for the win, TK. Both cards are very well done. I love the layers on the first one and the softness of the second. Safe travels. I only wish I could join you.

Cat Craig said...

TK lovely cards, and how fun to attend one of the create classes. I keep wondering about them. I do bet it was a bit exhausting. None the less your cards are beautiful.

Enjoy your trip and visit...enjoy the playhouse.

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty little hummingbirds! These are both wonderful cards, TK. So sorry to hear about your friend's accident. This will surely lift her spirits! Enjoy your trip and meeting those friends! Safe travels!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards from your class, TK. I have only recently come across some of Mindy's video tutorials and she is so talented. So sorry to hear about your friend, but your amazing card is sure to cheer her up!! xx

Darnell said...

Wait. What? Can I come?! And Cat said, "enjoy the Playhouse." Oh, my, are you going to surprise me? I would love that! Enjoy and I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm thinking you might be lucky enough to be going ... well, I won't guess, but you are welcome to come here next time!

And in the meantime, thank you for sharing your class homework! It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed yourself and all that you learned. I love both of these results, but I have to say the pastel blended second card is my favorite and I love everything about it!

I am terribly sorry to hear about your friend, however. It sounds awfully painful so your card will bring a welcome smile! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Ida said...

Beautiful cards. Again I'm into the softer colors so the hummingbird card was my favorite.