3.20.2024

Just a Hummer of a Note

 Hello, Everyone!

I hope your week is going swimmingly, and you've had plenty of craft time!  I'm here today to celebrate a Birthday this week!  It was a fun card to make, and I knew right off what I would make once I saw a few challenges!

Here's my card ~


I started with the sketch at FMS, tipped, but I missed that one, added a bird for JUGS #718 and a Time Out #259 challenge collab, then added the colors at Color Hues #83 - Blue & Cream and then added in a sweet magnolia bloom.  While my cream isn't exactly cream, it's the lightest that I had so I hope it works!  And, I didn't think magnolias were early bloomers, but I guess they can be in some places, April and May!

I used a new hummingbird die, a piece of champagne glitter cardstock, a leftover coverplate piece from a recent class and a new press-ed sentiment (actually I just got the whole tool - yay, me!).  I guess I'll enter this over at NBUS #60, too!

 

 


Supplies:
   SSS - Layered Hummingbird die (NBUS)
   MB - Magnolia Bloom die
   SB - Sunflower Border (sentiment only bpp) (NBUS)
   PFS - Stitched Octagons coverplate

That's it for me today!  Like hitting three challenges wasn't enough...  I do hope this card brings the recipient great joy, and wonderful Birthday wishes.

Hugs,
TK












12 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful card TK. LOVE that gorgeous hummer. So pretty with the glitter paper. xx

Carol said...

What a beautiful card! Your colors are so eye-catching and the textures add so much interest! The blue and cream with the touch of sparkle go so well together! Thank you for joining our collab with Just Us Girls and Time Out!!

Greta said...

Beautiful elements that you've put together perfectly. Thank you for joining our challenge at Time Out.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely mix of elements TK and a wonderful use of those colors! That's a pretty little hummer too. So happy to spot this in the Just Us Girls gallery!

Marcia Hill said...

AWESOME card TK! Your hummer and Magnolia are both soooo pretty and I'm loving the glitter paper and the cover plate piece too! You used our challenge colors beautifully, and I'm sure the birthday recipient is going to love this! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Color Hues! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

TK, it didn't take long for your Betterpress to arrive, and be put to good use! Loving the composition of your card, your gorgeous Magnolia, and of course that sweet little Hummingbird is so pretty over top of that glitter paper.
This Buff ink has been on my radar... cream is hard to come by in the ink department.
Beautiful card, my friend!
=]

JulieP said...

This is beautiful!!! I just bought the Better Press too. I love the sparkle and your bird is lovely. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

Bobby said...

Your sweet hummingbird is happy to be flitting around the beautiful magnolia, TK. I love the card design with the split panel using glitter for one. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Just Us Girls/Time Out collaboration.

Bonnie said...

What a great way to use these colors, TK! That sparkly panel makes this extra elegant!

Cat Craig said...

That is a lovely humming bird and I admit my eye was caught by the sparkles!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card, TK. I love the split panel and that gorgeous hummingbird! Enjoy playing with your new Better Press! Thanks for playing at Color Hues.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card! Love the hummingbird! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!