10.03.2023

CASEing a DT Member

 Happy Tuesday!
While I haven't been able to play for awhile, I made time for this challenge over at Just Us Girls #669.  While there are so many possibilities (and I'll probably still do that), I really chose to challenge myself to step outside of my usual box.  I chose to CASE Vicki, due to her play with ephemera layering.  Her colors are gorgeous and bold, and her card is amazing -- go ahead and take a peek!  Now why is that "outside the box" for me?  Well, I've not had much success in multiple layers, even when they come from the same paper pack.
Here is my card ~


Oh!  I just noticed that lower left corner lifted!  Doh!  Oh, I'll fix it before it's used...  I left the sentiment off because I'm not sure of the occasion I'll use it for yet.


I CASEd Vicki's card pretty closely (using a new-to-me die, so I'll enter over at NBUS #55 plus the colors over at Color Hues #73 - Blue & Coral) but with fewer layers.  I'm pretty happy with this because it actually worked but I still am in awe over the card I CASEd!  Lots of visual texture here.

Supplies:
   HB - Log Cabin dp
   PFS - Essential Folk Edge Rectangle die
   SSS - Eucalyptus Leaves dies
   PTI - Tag Sale #5 die
   CB - Dragonfly Collage die

 

ETA:  Sorry but I was only able to "crop" horizontally in all of the challenges, so something is up with my "puter" -- please excuse the odd thumbnail!

Thank you for the visit, I appreciate each and every one of you!

Hugs,
TK 






10 comments:

Bobby said...

Fabulous CASE of Vicki's card, TK. I love your choice of papers and the die cut matches the leaves in the top paper. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So complimented! You did a fabulous job CASEing my card. I am loving all your “outside your box” layers! Well done. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

!neke said...

A real beauty !!!!!!
groeten Ineke

Ida said...

Well done! This is just gorgeous. I love everything about it.

Bonnie said...

This is a great CASE of Vicki's card, TK! Great job on layering!

Nancy said...

A great CASE, TK with pretty results. Love the texture on the leaves and dragonfly. Thanks for choosing to join us at Color Hues, we appreciate that.

Marcia Hill said...

FABULOUS CASE of Vicki's card TK, and I happen to think you layered quite beautifully on this card!! Your tag is layered, your dragonfly is layered...you aced it in my mind! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Marcia (DT)

Cindy Beach said...

This is a beautiful card, I love the layering! I am a fan of those textured leaves and the dragonfly is so pretty. So glad you chose to play along at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

I love all of your layers and that wonderful dragonfly! Great CASE of Vicki's card!

Rosemary said...

lovely card, tk!