6.03.2023

JUGS #682 - Color Week

 Hello and Welcome, Dear Friends!

Today's card and inspiration came from a great challenge, Just Us Girls and I've gracioiusly been asked to be the Guest Designer this month!  What a great honor and I hope I can make them proud, plus inspire you to join us in the fun.  This week's challenge is a Color Challenge ~


Don't you just love these colors?  Wow, I know I'm thrilled.  I used the same colorsbut went a tad lighter, it seemed to work a bit better on my card ~


I used a couple of new products in my "collection" and I'm sure glad I got them.  I stamped in VersaFine Clair Twilight onto a white panel.  Using only two shades of DI's, I did some ink blending through the matching stencils.  Since I only used one color for each element (flowers or leaves), it gave me a bit darker range for the second inking of each color, and I didn't haven't to fuss with finding matching colors.  After cutting the panel down with a die, I popped it up on a layer of foam over the mid-gray base cardstock.  Then I hot foiled a sentiment on matching cardstock with silver foil and layered it twice, so I didn't get too much dimension.
A close-up ~


Well now that was fun, wasn't it?  Creating is always a joy when you have great inspiration and products.  Won't you see what you have, and join us in the fun?

Supplies:
   PFS - Bougainvillea Print stamp & stencils, Fancy Script hot foil plate & die
   WF - Nesting Postage die


Thank you for the visit, and to JUGS for the invitation!  Have a great week and see you next Saturday!

Hugs,
TK



14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Congratulations on being the GD at JUGS, TK! Such a lovely card - I'm looking forward to your Saturday treats!
=]

Carol said...

What a sweet, pretty card with the soft colors of our challenge!!!!! So glad you are guesting with us at JUGS this month!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty! Love the muted colors and the gold hb! Welcome to JUGS

Lisa Elton said...

So happy to have you guesting with us this month, TK! Your debut card is lovely. I like the softer version of the colors, wish I had thought of that!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your Guest Spot, TK! You have used these colors beautifully! Love the flowers and the foiled sentiment!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card TK. Congrats on being GD at Just Us Girls! xx

Jeanne H said...

Your card is just gorgeous!!

Nancy said...

This is as lovely as can be, TK. We are so happy to have you with us this month! Looking forward to what else you have for us!

Bobby said...

We're so glad to have you guesting with us, TK. I have that same image but in a hot foil plate. I love that you stamped it in gray. It works beautifully with the soft DIs you used.

Rosemary said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot, TK. Looks like you are off to a great start with this pretty card!

ElizStewart said...

TK... love everything about your card! especially how you used the colors (I used the same distress inks on my card). The florals are beautiful and the sentiment perfect. Thank you so much for guesting and sharing with us this week at Just Us Girls.

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful TK. You have used our colours perfectly here. Love it. Looking forward to seeing your talents at JUGS this month as our Guest.

cm said...

Talk about making an incredible first guest designer impression, TK! Gorgeous card! The softer hues of the colour combination are absolutely lovely! So wonderful to have you with us this month.
~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the softness of the background and that sentiment looks amazing. Welcome to JUGS!